Things to do during warm up. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Things to do during warm up. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff Cheng
Experienced User
Username: makeshift

Post Number: 40
Posted on Thursday, 27 October, 2016 - 09:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

So the previous owner of SRH23650 on drove 200 miles a year for the last decade, but luckily for me still had it serviced every other year despite mileage.

It's often mentioned on this forum that these cars improve with use, and I'd just like to back that statement.

In the last 3 weeks of ownership alone, I've put on 400 miles and already noticed an improvement in operation. Power delivery is smoother, the R/h height ram has almost stopped it's creaking, and the brakes are less jerky. (Fingers crossed the noisey pump when cold gets better also)

Since I normally wait a minute or two for the car to warm up before proceeding, I've made it a habit to cycle all the electric windows, door locks and all the HVAC flap settings. The windows are getting slightly less slow with regular use, the driver's window is nice and fast, I'm guessing from being the only regularly used window.

Martin Taylor
Frequent User
Username: martin_taylor

Post Number: 55
Posted on Thursday, 27 October, 2016 - 21:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It doesn't do any harm to move the seats occasionally too

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 609
Posted on Thursday, 27 October, 2016 - 22:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This is great news Jeff
Your car is fully waking from its slumber.
Good stuff!!

Larry Kavanagh
Experienced User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 21
Posted on Saturday, 29 October, 2016 - 05:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Also Jeff, If you add a half litre of ATF to the engine oil a couple of hundred miles before the next oil change it cleans the valves and makes the engine sound a lot smoother. I learned that trick on this forum, tried it and was very pleased with the almost instant results, Regards, Larry.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: