Airco Problem Silver Wraith II Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Airco Problem Silver Wraith II « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Josep P. van Doorn
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 87.217.44.49
Posted on Wednesday, 01 June, 2011 - 06:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all,
Thanks to the technical information from your site, I have managed (I think)to establish that a fault in the airco system (Chapter C) could be in the heater Control Box(C7). To disassemble it, I need to follow the instructions as in Chapter S 12 and/or S13. Part 1 of chapter S goes until S4-25 and part II goes until S8-20. can anybody help me to locate the missing chapters. I.e. Chapter S9 to S 15?
Or perhaps you have only Chapter S12 and S13?
The car is a Silver Wraith II and the chassis number is LRG 34820.
Thanks a lot, Joseph.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Francois Charlier
Experienced User
Username: vonplum

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, 02 June, 2011 - 04:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Joseph
I believe , your are not on the good forum, this one is for the silver cloud.
maybe you can post your message on the technical forum /silver wraith .
good luck
francois

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 739
Posted on Friday, 03 June, 2011 - 00:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What problems are you getting?

regards, Paul.

Paul, have moved thread to the Shadow section so have edited your post accordingly and added Silver Wraith II to the title. When you look at the Forum topics on the main menu, it is obvious why Francois posted in the Cloud section. Regards David

(Message edited by david_gore on 03 June 2011)

(Message edited by david_gore on 03 June 2011)

Joseph P. van Doorn
Yet to post message
Username: joseph65

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, 04 June, 2011 - 20:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Francois, Paul,David and all.
First of all to mention that the header of the post queue says:"Silver Shadow, Silver Shadow II, Bentley T-Series and Silver Wraith II" and the car I'm working on is a Wraith II, but alas.
I've found the reason(s) of the incorrect working of the Airco. A previous "technician" has replaced the starter motor (with a Japanese one) and left the wire that should go to the connection after the starter solenoid to the always live connection before the solenoid and this way having the fan and compressor relay W2 coil connection with 12V always as the battery is connected. Than also (perhaps the same "technician") removed the white/brown wire from the oil pressure switch (ground return for W1 of the fan switch off relay)to the oil lamp at the jumper connection at the base of the contact and lights switch block and so the connection always open, thus the lamp always off.
In the last case the oil switch was faulty, so it was easy to solve, but to find the disconnected wire took ages.
Now the heating and airco are working fine again.
Still I have one question...How much, or how little is the current drain measured between the battery when everything is switched off and I mean including the boot lid light off, all doors closed and the bonnet closed?
As an indication, on my Mercedes Benz 300D it is only 13 ma and part of that is the clock and the memory of the radio.
On the Wraith II it is over 300ma!
To me it looks excessive.
Anyone knows?
Thanks, Joseph

(Message edited by joseph65 on 04 June 2011)

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 192
Posted on Sunday, 05 June, 2011 - 04:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Joseph,
Measure the current draw in the dead state (with you in the car) and then take another reading with the glove box open and your finger on the spring-loaded switch. If there is no difefrence to the current reading then you need to look elsehere. The glove box light is a common problem.
Thanks
Omar

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1008
Posted on Sunday, 05 June, 2011 - 08:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The ubiquitous dashboard clock is the source of the drain of around 300mA. This is a problem with Shadows & derivatives that are not driven at least on a weekly basis.

Many owners of infrequently driven cars have fitted a battery isolating switch on the negative lead from the battery to eliminate the problem of a flat battery. The inconvenience of resetting the clock is far less than the inconvenience of having to jump start the car!!