Front Yoke Bijur Oiling Valve Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Front Yoke Bijur Oiling Valve « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Gray
New User
Username: mooney1el

Post Number: 16
Posted on Saturday, 11 December, 2021 - 01:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wondering if anyone has the dimensions for the no longer available part RH8295 or alternately part number UR3974. This is the restrictor/pin/valve that is supposed to go in both the top fitting and the lower fulcrum pins to control the amount of oil delivered during the "bijur pump". I have dismantled both sides on my '58 Cloud and find that these valves/pins are missing. Attached is the exploded parts view from FS website for reference.
I have also contacted RREC Hunt House asking if they might have any information about these parts and will post here if they find anything.

Martin Webster
New User
Username: martin_webster

Post Number: 23
Posted on Saturday, 11 December, 2021 - 08:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,
Introcar list that part under RH8295 for £15.35 plus vat and shipping.
Martin

Richard Gray
New User

Post Number: 17
Posted on Saturday, 11 December, 2021 - 09:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks, but when I spoke with them last week and placed my order for a whole lot of other parts needed to correct the situation on my front suspension, they said it was not available. Albers searched the Bentley part supply and they also show none available. Flying Spares also says out of stock.

Here is what Introcar shows when you click on the part description.

RH8295-A Original Equipment £15.35 £12.79
ITEM OUT OF STOCK: Send enquiry

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3252
Posted on Monday, 13 December, 2021 - 02:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Download the RR & Bentley Parts, Repair, Restoration & Other Resources Compilation.

Search on Fluidline Systems. They're a company in Ohio that specializes in Bijur parts.

Brian

Richard Gray
New User

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, 15 December, 2021 - 03:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

RREC in the UK says they have the drawing for RH8295 and I will be receiving that shortly. With luck, I can duplicate it...six time to replace my missing pieces. :-)

Richard Gray
New User

Post Number: 19
Posted on Tuesday, 28 December, 2021 - 07:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Update - I ordered and received a drawing of RH8295; unfortunately, this was not sufficient to make a complete valve. But, it did give a clue and over all dimensions such that I believe I can make a useable, similar valve. The drawing title says "Luvax Meter Valve" which is another name for Bijur I believe. That then indicates it is an actual valve and not a simple restrictor. I searched available Bijur valves for a similar valve and found nothing. So, I decided to "make" my own using a readily available valve. The valve I chose to use is an FKB as shown in the included picture. I bonded a thin brass sleeve along the small section then turned the whole thing down to the dimension shown on the drawing. After parting to length, I then turned the taper; also according to the drawing. The final valve is as shown. It may look rough, but I did not polish it to a high luster.

Initially, I used an FKB-3 valve, but upon testing in the upper yoke application I will start with FKB-5 valves for the final assembly. This should be much better than the previous "no valves at all" which had resulted in limited or no lubrication of the lower fulcrum and who know how much to the king pins.

Perhaps this will help if someone finds themselves in a similar situation.

FKB Bijur Valve

BijurValveModified

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: