Cloud Paint Colour Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Cloud Paint Colour « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wayne Wardman
Experienced User
Username: wayne_wardman

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, 02 June, 2009 - 19:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My 1956 Cloud (SYB74)is recorded to have Black Pearl over Shell Grey (Bassoli and King.

Her grey is in fact considerably darker but not as dark as Tudor Grey or Light Tudor Grey - having had these made up at a local store.

The colour is original, as far as I can tell.

Any suggestions as to what it might really be would be welcome

Wayne

Mark Taxis
Experienced User
Username: mark_taxis

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, 02 June, 2009 - 20:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

there was a colour called shell grey, could this be it

John Budden
Experienced User
Username: johnb

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, 03 June, 2009 - 07:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn" but it sure changes the colours over time.
Try PPG they have the equivalents.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 886
Posted on Wednesday, 03 June, 2009 - 10:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn" but it sure changes the colours over time.
Try PPG they have the equivalents.

Hi Wayne,

Also try Spies Hecker - they have tint codes for most R-R/B colours. A problem might arise if you want 1K acrylic paint as they only supplied 2K "two pack" paint when I last contacted them some years ago.

Best of all, they have a distributor not far from you.....

http://www.dupontpc.com.au/spieshecker/sh-distribution-network

Good luck in sorting the colour out.

Regards David

Jonas TRACHSEL
Experienced User
Username: jonas_trachsel

Post Number: 26
Posted on Monday, 08 June, 2009 - 20:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Wayne
It seems that the standard colours used by Crewe for post-WW2 cars varied some from paint lot to paint lot. So you will find several different shades under the same colour name. See the article by Gerard LeClerc at http://www.rrec.org.uk/Model_Registers/MKVI_and_SW/Members_Cars/1953_Silver_Dawn_SNF95_Part_2.php
So you will probably have to custom-tint the paint you get from your paint supplier to obtain a good match. And do not forget, that older paints were not so stable, i.e. they had a tendency to fade under the sun.
Jonas

John Budden
Experienced User
Username: johnb

Post Number: 20
Posted on Monday, 29 June, 2009 - 18:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wayne,
Also see Richard's excellent table under miscellaneous and I reproduce from my source.(Duco, Dulon formulas for Rolls -Royce)
Black Pearl Metallic 7763 Tinter 1059,1058,1022,1018, 1059
Settings (same order) 125, 189,215,374,500 and
Shell Grey Metallic 6163 Tinter
1059,1058, 1018,1021,1034,1059
Settings (same order) 126,327,358,366,374,500
A beautiful combination!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: