Cloud III oil pump Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Cloud III oil pump « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

dave lewis
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 152.163.100.69
Posted on Thursday, 29 June, 2006 - 15:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

can anyone tell me where the oil pump is located inside the motor? (65) sc3..
had a bad experience with a dishonest mechanic and trying to help the lady resolve this problem..
i believe the pump to be accessable thru the oil pan...the invoice from the mech says thru the timing cover ..(r/r radiator.etc).looks to me that a reasonable mech. could have the pan off in less than 1 hour....
any help ??
thanks
dave lewis

(Message approved by david_gore)

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 1035
Posted on Sunday, 02 July, 2006 - 23:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This is no small job, and there is no chance to remove the pump through the oil pan. You can only access the pump for removal through the front cover. It is located at the front of the crankshaft driven by a worm gear, and is removed from the front with the timing cover removed. That requires bonnet, radiator, water pump, generator, fan belts, pulleys, balancer, aircon and engine mount removal and more. Count on a minimum of 15 hours for someone who has already done one. Here is one from a similar motor in a Silver Shadow:

dave lewis
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 71.149.241.3
Posted on Monday, 03 July, 2006 - 03:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

thank you , Richard for your help.
upon closer inspection it now looks like the front of the motor has never been apart.
the motor runs very well now that i converted to electronic ign. (could not find condensor locally). the only complaint i have is noisy lifters upon startup...runs poorly the first minute or two.then everything qiuets and smooths out...and then runs as a Rolls should. smooooootthhh!
car has been sitting a year. so now i need to fix power steering leak and find out where the brake fluid went.... then we will test drive.
thanks again
dave lewis

(Message approved by david_gore)

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 302
Posted on Monday, 03 July, 2006 - 12:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

To get rid of the noisy lifters on start up (They all did it). Change the oil to Mobil 1.
Expensive stuff but the best oil there is for these cars and you have no more noisy lifters or rough cold running.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: