Under Wing A/C Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Under Wing A/C « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Trevor Pickering
Frequent User
Username: commander1

Post Number: 67
Posted on Wednesday, 12 September, 2018 - 16:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello
I want to install A/C in my SC3 and am looking for the underwing evaporators as per original.
Damaged ones would be OK so I could use them as a pattern for a rebuild
Can any one help please?

Thanks
Trevor

David Balfour
Prolific User
Username: sidchrome

Post Number: 104
Posted on Wednesday, 12 September, 2018 - 16:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

How very timely! I too would love to know the answer to this question. My SCII was one of the first to get the upper and lower heater matrices as per all SCIIIs, so what fit's Trevor's will also fit mine.

Trevor Pickering
Frequent User

Post Number: 68
Posted on Wednesday, 12 September, 2018 - 16:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David
If we can not find original ones to repair/copy I was thinking of getting the drawings for them and get some made.
Would you be interseted in joing a "joint purchase"
group
Several people here are potential buyers!
Trevor

David Balfour
Prolific User

Post Number: 105
Posted on Wednesday, 12 September, 2018 - 16:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Quite possibly Trevor! I currently have under dash air that was very ungraciously installed by hacking holes through the firewalls rather roughly by a previous owner.

David Balfour
Prolific User

Post Number: 106
Posted on Wednesday, 12 September, 2018 - 16:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This one is a starting point:

https://originalair.com/rolls-royce-air-conditioning

Trevor Pickering
Frequent User

Post Number: 69
Posted on Wednesday, 12 September, 2018 - 17:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Looks better than most under dash systems but I am still keen to try and retain original look if possible at a sensible price.
I will order drawings and let you know waht is happening.

David Balfour
Prolific User

Post Number: 107
Posted on Wednesday, 12 September, 2018 - 17:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You can request prices from Bentley

https://heritage.bentleymotors.com/en/catalogue/modelBrowser

And

http://www.flyingspares.com/shop/media/catalog/category/CLOUD_III_AIR_CON_SYSTEM_SMALL.jpg

Trevor Pickering
Frequent User

Post Number: 70
Posted on Wednesday, 12 September, 2018 - 17:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have alreay been down that route and they both have no stock and can not help!!

Thanks

David Balfour
Prolific User

Post Number: 108
Posted on Wednesday, 12 September, 2018 - 17:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes i am very keen on the sensible price. Wouldn't it be nice to have a master parts list of spares at very reasonable prices. A bit like a master parts catalogue. GM used have those so that parts from one division when common, would fit a car in another division via cross -reference. I'm sure many parts are available at prices that Rolls-Royce would consider insanely cheap, and that I would consider quite expensive.

Trevor Pickering
Frequent User

Post Number: 71
Posted on Wednesday, 12 September, 2018 - 17:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am all for saving our hard earned money and always try to search for alternatives.
I have just sent off a request for the drawings and will let you know when received.
Bearings are a case in point.
If you go to the usual RR & B suppliers they are 3 or 4 time the price than getting the same ones from your local bearing shop!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: