Silver Cloud 3 rocker covers Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Silver Cloud 3 rocker covers « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

felipe de gloria
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 85.51.248.14
Posted on Friday, 12 May, 2017 - 07:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello...replacing the cork gaskets under rocker covers on my SCIII and my question is if the 8 metal strips are absolutely necessary which I believe are to prevent static...
Regards

(Message approved by david_gore)

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1810
Posted on Friday, 12 May, 2017 - 08:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've never been able to tell if they are fitted or not.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 598
Posted on Friday, 12 May, 2017 - 09:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If you are considering deleting the "metal strips" upon reasssembly because you wonder if they are "absoutely necessary", why? My gut feeling would be to replace everything in exactly the same condition as it was prior to the disassembly, making the issue of necessity moot.

felipe de gloria
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 85.51.248.14
Posted on Tuesday, 16 May, 2017 - 04:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you for replies, and I agree to replace all in same condition, but these strips were not anywhere to be found...when ordering new parts was asked if strips should be included, hence my inquiry...maybe were added on later engines ?

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: