Cloud/S suspension settings for radia... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Cloud/S suspension settings for radial tyres. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

R M Tilley
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 122.60.138.181
Posted on Sunday, 10 March, 2013 - 07:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Clouds/S were originally designed for cross-plies so fitting them with radials requires some adjustment to front suspension and steering alignment. What should these adjusted settings be please?
Regards
Roy Tilley, NZRRBC.

(Message approved by david_gore)

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1241
Posted on Sunday, 10 March, 2013 - 08:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Roy,

Good to see you back on the forum and I trust one of our members can provide this information.

Your previous membership is still current and your log-in is roy_tilley. If you have forgotten your password, please email our administrator at admin@rrforums.net and he should be able to restore access for you.

Regards David

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 95
Posted on Sunday, 10 March, 2013 - 21:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Roy, I have been running an S1 for 9 years on radials without altering any settings , and have had no adverse handling or tyre wear issues .
Mark

Steven Spencer
New User
Username: sspencer

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, 22 March, 2013 - 03:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My car runs fine on radials without any changes. The radials are a smaller diameter so your indicated speed will change by about 3-5%. They are such a improvement to the bias ply's you will love radials.

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 464
Posted on Friday, 22 March, 2013 - 22:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This is a good toy to play with. For best results you need an up-to-date version of Java loaded on your computer although it isn't essential. You can mix & match all the tyre sizes to get as close as possible to a perfect speedo reading. However it cannot compensate for the difference between a new tyre and one that needs replacing ASAP.

gordon le feuvre
Experienced User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 11
Posted on Friday, 19 April, 2013 - 04:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Eally Shadows were fitted with cross ply, radials were i seem to remember a cost option( IN uk) i CANNOT RECALL EVERE READING ANYTHING ABOUT CHANGING GEOMETRY IN MANUALS

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1261
Posted on Friday, 19 April, 2013 - 08:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If my memory is correct - when radial ply tyres were made standard on the Shadow, an upgrade to "compliant suspension" was made at the same time. I do not know what this involved and hopefully someone will be able to advise the relevant details.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: