Fan power steering generator belts Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Fan power steering generator belts « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Paceskoski
Experienced User
Username: forever_elegant

Post Number: 26
Posted on Saturday, 17 September, 2016 - 20:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

any one have product codes for the belts?

David Balfour
Experienced User
Username: sidchrome

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, 20 September, 2016 - 11:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Michael,
Flying Spares are showing the following part numbers:

http://www.flyingspares.com/shop/rolls-royce-bentley-cloud-s1-s2-s3/engine/engine-parts-s2-3/fan-belts.html

hope this helps.

Michael Paceskoski
Experienced User

Post Number: 31
Posted on Tuesday, 20 September, 2016 - 12:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks David,

I saw them, I'm trying to source a local replacement. I'm just take them off and match up to a local one.

I try and source the parts before I start pulling things off so that remove and install is in one go and chance of forgetting something is slim.

I have managed to make a thermo puller as my one is stuck in there cheap locally, which if succeful I'll do a write up on.

David Balfour
Experienced User

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, 20 September, 2016 - 13:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good luck with that thermostat puller!

Michael Paceskoski
Experienced User

Post Number: 32
Posted on Tuesday, 20 September, 2016 - 13:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Any experience with taking a thermostat out??

David Balfour
Experienced User

Post Number: 19
Posted on Tuesday, 20 September, 2016 - 13:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Not yet. So far the thermostat is either working or missing as the hot coolant comes through quite readily. I do however have a bit of corrosion at the steam vent, so I'll remove that and clean it up soon. So much to do - so little time!

Michael Paceskoski
Experienced User

Post Number: 33
Posted on Tuesday, 20 September, 2016 - 21:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Success!! Very easy with the tool to take out a 28yo thermostat.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 379
Posted on Wednesday, 21 September, 2016 - 05:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Where did the very professional looking tool come from, and what advice does the maker give for thermostats without the two holes into which the retraction bolts are affixed?

Michael Paceskoski
Experienced User

Post Number: 34
Posted on Wednesday, 21 September, 2016 - 10:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Christian, I modified a tool(not expensive) that I had from previous work but had to buy 2ba tap, bolts and washers. I had originally 3ba holes so tapped them all the way through as suggested on mark VI thread if I remember correctly.

This is the first time I have done it so couldn't say about getting a thermostat out with out extraction screws, but initial thoughts are maybe if you get the positioning right and there is enough meat to make your own threaded holes. They can always be blocked by a bolt and nut.

I built a ford 347 stroker in the past and put 4 holes in thermo in case the thermo ever failed I would still get water to circulate through the radiator.

Michael Paceskoski
Experienced User

Post Number: 35
Posted on Saturday, 24 September, 2016 - 18:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just to update everyone on the belts for cloud 2 / s2 V8s. i found that the 11A1220 x 2 is the belt required for the crank water pump steering pump.

i bought a belt for the water pump generator but was wrong so ill update again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: