Visitin the Canary Islands Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Visitin the Canary Islands « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 870
Posted on Monday, 08 October, 2012 - 19:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Please excuse this post if it has no relevance to you.

To any members that have a R-R or Bentley in the Canary Islands, I am travelling there to repair a Shadow at the end of October / first week in November.

If you would like a visit, either for advice or to carry out any repairs, please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Many Thanks, Paul Yorke.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1145
Posted on Tuesday, 09 October, 2012 - 08:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hey Paul,

Need a TA [Tradesman's Assistant] by any chance? No pay required, just travelling expenses .

This will probably start an on-line auction .

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1443
Posted on Tuesday, 09 October, 2012 - 09:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Too late David, Paul asked me first and I am doing a crash course in Canary!!

Paul's initiative raised an interesting feature of this Forum. The service facilities for Rolls-Royce and Bentley vehicles on the Canary Islands, Madagascar and Flinder's Island are sadly non-existent. Notwithstanding, we manage to attract enquiries and advice from all manner of places including Trinidad and the Bahamas, to Russia, Japan, Africa, North America the British Osles, most of Europe, China and occasionally from Tasmania!

Paul's gesture was a commercial offer but that aside, to an owner in The Canaries who is wondering what to do with this elegant bucket of bolts that simply won't start, won't stop or overall is unusable, Paul's possible on site prescence would have to be a form of deliverance!

Another circumstance comes to mind and that is the availability of parts and perhaps cars. If Fred Touchfoot finds a cache of 6230cc brand new motors, crated and preserved in the wilds of the Amazon and he feels disposed to let the general ownership pool know, how would he spread the word? Perhaps through the Forum but then he is actually a dealer on his honeymoon in the jungle, doesn't want the things but realises others might. Where would he advertise?

Any thoughts?

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 235
Posted on Tuesday, 09 October, 2012 - 10:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

WOW, when I was in the Canaries last year, I did see 2 Rollers and I remember thinking god who do the owners go to to have them repaired or serviced....the Spanish are renowned for many things and in my opinion have the BEST olive oil in the world but car maintenance...hmmmm thats where it would surpise me if they knew which end of the car from the other. If I had place on Fuetreventurra, Tenerife or Lanzorote...Paul you'd be there at my request to look after the cars if I was silly enough to import one there.

As for those two cars I did see on Las Palmas I think....I hope they receive some PY attention, by god they looked as though they needed when I saw them about 12 months ago now....

Take some Piz Buin and enjoy the sun!

:-)

J

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1444
Posted on Tuesday, 09 October, 2012 - 10:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

James I am sure Paul can get Piz Buin on any of the Islands. In fact he may have to after seeing one of these cars perhaps??

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2685
Posted on Tuesday, 09 October, 2012 - 12:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There is a regular contributor to this Forum who resides in the Canaries (Tenerife). He has at least two Crewe cars there including a Turbo R. I am sure that his cars are in rather good shape ! Still, Paul, you may contact him by private message.

RT.

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 284
Posted on Tuesday, 09 October, 2012 - 12:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Paul,
when you are done there - fancy a trip to Dubai?????
Omar

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: