Hand brake warning lamp on dashboard Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Hand brake warning lamp on dashboard « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Francois Charlier
New User
Username: vonplum

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, 14 March, 2011 - 06:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good evening
My amber warning lamp of handbrake on the dashboard don't light(the light bulb is good) .When I look behind I have a wire Grey with a swing grey who is free, comming from the warning lamp .
Do you Know Where is going , if it's positive ou negative My car is a silver cloud 3 with earth
negative.
with kind regards
francois Charlier

Francois Charlier
New User

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, 14 March, 2011 - 22:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

good afternoon
The grey wire needs to connect to the positive
The light is working now but all the time.
I don't know where can I find the switch of handbrake on my SILVER CLOUD 3 Left hand drive

Thank you

François Charlier

Francois Charlier
New User

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, 14 March, 2011 - 22:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

For information . I find on the workshop the hand brake micro switch but I don't find on the car.
if some people can take a picture . It will be better for me.
Thank
François Charlier

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1305
Posted on Tuesday, 15 March, 2011 - 08:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Tout d'abord, est nommer Frangois ou Francois ? Je ne pense pas que je n'ai jamais vu un lecteur de la main gauche nuage. Rolls-Royce étaient toujours prompt à improviser et je soupçonne le frein à main voyant lumineux était une exigence du jour au lendemain par certains pays et qu'ils devaient apporter une modification rapide ! Comme je me souviens du commutateur sur les voitures de lecteur de main droite était à l'intérieur de la barrière de châssis de main droite ou l'un des jambes de la cruciform. Le pouvoir se nourrir au commutateur viendra au large du métier à tisser de câblage exécutant à l'arrière du véhicule, c'est un bon point de départ. Le commutateur doit être connecté à la grande swinging levier de transfert qui monte sur la cruciform à laquelle le cable de frein à main attache. Peut-être l'un de nos amis américains peut glisser sous leur voiture et prendre une photo pour vous ? Bonne chasse

First, is your name Frangois or Francois?

I don’t think I have ever seen a left hand drive Cloud. Rolls-Royce were always quick to improvise and I suspect the hand brake warning light was a requirement out of the blue by some country and they had to make a quick modification!

As I recall the switch on the right hand drive cars was on the inside of the right hand chassis rail or one of the legs of the cruciform. The power feed to the switch will come off the wiring loom running to the back of the vehicle so that is a good place to start. The switch has to be connected to the large swinging transfer lever that mounts on the cruciform to which the hand brake cable attaches.

Perhaps one of our American friends can slide under their car and take a picture for you?

Good hunting

Francois Charlier
New User

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, 16 March, 2011 - 02:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My firstname is François . It is a c witch is typical french The c you say like K but a ç like a s , maybe you don't have this letter on english keyboard. so you can write francois.

the handbrake light is on every silver cloud 3 after 1963 or 1964 .
thank you for your reply I will check that.
After this my silver cloud 3 will be like an original.
Francois

Francois Charlier
Experienced User

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, 19 March, 2011 - 20:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good morning
I find one of problem . There was a wire( not grey but blue light) disconnect behind the dashboard. but now I need to check the micro switch under the car.

rançois Charlier

Francois Charlier
Experienced User

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, 24 March, 2011 - 05:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

good evening,
the handbrake lihgt is working well now.
there was another disconect near the micro-switch

thank you,

francois charlier

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: