Coachbuilder's Wiring Diagram Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Coachbuilder's Wiring Diagram « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1230
Posted on Monday, 12 April, 2010 - 16:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Has anybody got such a thing for the standard steel body for a Mk VI or Silver Dawn. The wiring diagram in the handbook stops at the coach builders'junction box?

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 570
Posted on Monday, 12 April, 2010 - 17:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill,

Is the coachbuilders junction box used on a standard steel body?

Sounds like it would only be used on a coachbuilt model and would be different for different cars depending on what the customer wanted fitted ? (GPS, Speed Radar detectors, DVD player, Playstations, and the like :-) )

Well OK. . . . Maybe a travel kettle socket, extra map lights. . . . ???

Bill Coburn

Post Number: 1231
Posted on Monday, 12 April, 2010 - 18:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Paul this is so typical of you. I make what I think is a reasonable guess and put it forward with gusto and you start making logical comments!! I am an old man to be treated gently. Actually my friend I cannot remember much about these cars since my complete rebuild from the Dawn 'B' series chassis was done in the seventies! There is a copy of the 'wiring diagram' nicely inserted in the back of the Mk VI owner's manual and I have to admit that I missed the 'Body Junction Box'. The question put to me concerned boot, vanity units and rear door switched lights not working. None of these is mentioned in the above diagram!

I seem to remember a 6 pole junction box behind the battery and supposed that was where the feed comes off for these missing lumens! And I thought that was the coachbuilders box wrongly! But that would be where I thought the owner should look!

I am rewiring my S2 and intend to fit junction boxes to the valances up near the radiator. This use of rubber sex aids for joiners doesn't do much after 50 years. Hang the originality!

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 571
Posted on Monday, 12 April, 2010 - 19:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill :-)

Hmmmm - It really wasn't a rhetorical question - and wasn't meant in anything but a thoughtful way - so don't take it as gospel!

I'll see what I have regarding where the rear lights etc get their feed from. Was any other work done recently? I've had a similar fault in a cloud where the headlining was replaced & the trim shop left a connector out.

Newer type sex aids have a more resistant covering and should directly replace the existing, as long as you have no aversion to black instead of pink!

Bill Coburn

Post Number: 1232
Posted on Monday, 12 April, 2010 - 19:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Paul Now you are suggesting you are fallible !! Actually I don't know. The owner is one of those local residents who suddenly owns a Mark VI. I hot-footed there with offerings of total availability etc when he got the car many months ago and we had a nodding chat. I have since heard nothing, then this request out of the blue!

Anyway, it is an interesting and worthwhile request which I passed on. The car is in very good nick and hasn't any work done recently other than having the master cylinder re-kitted which thanks to you I could link to the problem. That is if there is a junction box (the body box) immediately behind the battery and as I recall the master cylinder.

My sympathies with the Cloud. I have a '67 Bentley 2 door with a sun roof the latter operated by an electric motor. A curious passenger opened the roof and then it would not shut. Then it rained so the owner drove it into a Mall and told everybody who asked that he was waiting to be told where to place the car for the forthcoming exhibition! Forunately, the rain stopped before management arrived!

Anyway my sparky says the motor has to be overhauled. Meanwhile I found a small panel in the headliner abovewhich was the end of the motor. I was able to get a socket onto the end of the armature and wind the roof shut!

To remove the motor one has to remove or drop the headlining which is a one piece moulding. This means removing all those upper finish bits that hold front, rear and both sides. Think I'll delegate!

Anyway if you do find a diagram it would be great. Hope it is warming up for you.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: