Paper Air filter replacement Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Paper Air filter replacement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

marty
Unregistered guest
Posted From: c220-239-238-97.randw1.nsw.optusnet.com.au
Posted on Wednesday, 02 May, 2007 - 17:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi guys,

My MK VI is still running the original type of woven steel filter, (not an oil bath filter), and I just ordered a Ryco A61 filter, which is listed for Humber Super Snipes, at 7 inches diameter, I should still be able to fit the steel band around the outside, so it won't look to bad. Will keep you posted.

Cheers

Marty

(Message approved by david_gore)

Marty
Unregistered guest
Posted From: c211-30-84-164.carlnfd3.nsw.optusnet.com.au
Posted on Wednesday, 16 May, 2007 - 17:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry guys, led you astray, the A61 is too big, the A44 is the right diameter, however is about 3/4 of an inch thinner than the origial wire setup, so had to install it without the metal around the outside. Looks OK though.

Cheers

Marty

(Message approved by david_gore)

Martin Cutler
Experienced User
Username: martin_cutler

Post Number: 31
Posted on Sunday, 24 February, 2008 - 20:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Update: Went to replace the A44, I must have got the last one! They are no longer available. The one you want now suits a Toyota Corolla, 1980 - 1985. Mr Filters in Sydney had one for $8.

Martin Cutler
Experienced User
Username: martin_cutler

Post Number: 32
Posted on Sunday, 24 February, 2008 - 20:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here is a picture of the conversion. You can also just see the radiator top hose filter, this is a definite must have! Marty

Paper air filter upgrade

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: