How much does a MkVI weigh? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » How much does a MkVI weigh? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Anson
Prolific User
Username: bentleybloke

Post Number: 107
Posted on Thursday, 19 November, 2009 - 19:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi, Can anyone please tell me how much a MkVI standard steel weighs? I need to get some prices for vehicle transportation and they are all asking how much the thing weighs. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Mark

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1189
Posted on Thursday, 19 November, 2009 - 21:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark/ This model was produced when bespoke bodies were not uncommon, so when the Factory printed a handbook it was really about the chassis rather than the standard steel saloon although the latter accounted for nearly 80% of production. Of the 15207 chassis built Australia imported the third largest number, some 432 cars.

OK, the weight. The Mk VI chassis weighed 2670 lbs. With a Standard Steel Body it weighed 3976 lbs. You can decimalise it.

Mark Anson
Prolific User
Username: bentleybloke

Post Number: 108
Posted on Friday, 20 November, 2009 - 01:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Bill. I have been getting prices for transporting my car to the sunroof company. Most of the one man band (cheap) recovery companies only run Ford Transit flat decks so they are all paranoid about the weight.
Cheers Mark

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: