Thanks to this forum my car feels lik... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Thanks to this forum my car feels like new « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Anson
New User
Username: mark_anson

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, 11 December, 2006 - 00:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

FINAL REPORT after servicing.

Hi All,
Well my car repairs are now finished and the difference in the car is outstanding!

All the noises from the clutch, the stiff gear change and jumping out of gear have gone. This was down to the worn old rear gearbox mounting. (thank you to Ashley for his technical section on his site for informing me about this problem)

The lack of brakes was due to the servo being contaminated with oil from a worn gearbox seal and the master cylinder being corroded and seized with the lack of brake movement from the servo.

Many thanks to all the people who helped with my problems. The Mk VI is sometimes a confusing thing, especially when the workshop manual has errors! The past three weeks have been a real learning experience.

Again, thank you to all.
Kind regards
Mark Anson

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 679
Posted on Monday, 11 December, 2006 - 09:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Feedback like this justifies the work involved in maintaining and supervising this Forum. Our purpose is to achieve outcomes such as this where cars are driven regularly and enjoyed not only by their owners but also by those who appreciate classic cars.

Thank you Mark

Mark Anson
Prolific User
Username: bentleybloke

Post Number: 103
Posted on Thursday, 12 November, 2009 - 20:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Since I have now found out how to upload pictures I am just updating my posts with images. These pics have been sat on my computer waiting for this moment!
Here is the offending gearbox support. Check yours today you will be surprised at the difference fitting a new one does. Cheers Markgearbox mounting

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: