Radiator removal Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Radiator removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Glanville
New User
Username: mark_glanville

Post Number: 37
Posted on Thursday, 22 September, 2022 - 08:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have removed radiators from Mk6's and Silver Wraith previously, so apart from knowing the long process it didnt phase me too much. One of the last tasks, is removing the large bolt at the chassis at the bottom. This initiallly was hard to move, which possibly was a sign for the dilemma I'm left with. The bolt turns and turns and wont release,despite a bar being placed behind bolt head to jimmy out. I'm suspecting the bolt has part released from the chassis however the metal sleeve inside the large rubber mount and bolt shaft may have rusted together? I started to unbolt the bracket housing the large bolt, until discovering the last rear bolt, being near impossible to access with any spanner.
So I share the problem with the brain trust, how do I remove the bolt, what am i missing?
PS Apart from missing,an oxy torch.

Mark Glanville
New User

Post Number: 42
Posted on Sunday, 23 October, 2022 - 10:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just to update the room on the removal of the radiator. The bottom bolt was seized to the metal casing which prevented it sliding out and the rubber had deteriorated.

Mark Glanville
New User

Post Number: 43
Posted on Sunday, 23 October, 2022 - 15:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just noticed this post from 2005, exact same issue.

http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/16999/2304.html?1107260832

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: