Dash Board removal/refit Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Dash Board removal/refit « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Graham squire
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 81.140.193.232
Posted on Thursday, 25 January, 2018 - 02:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All a couple of years ago I removed the dash and had the veneer renovated on 1951 MkVI B132MD. This in the end entailed cutting the ply behind the central instrument panel in two and re-fixing using a plate connector. Not seen on re-installation but I have wondered ever since at what point was the dash installed at the factory? The glove boxes are screwed on from behind the dash so probably in place before fitting dash. It would be OK if the steering wheel was not in place but once the body is on it seemed to me the steering column would be difficult/impossible to fit. It does not seem sensible that the dash was fitted before the body but does anyone know for sure?

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: