Mk VI multiple culprits causing misfi... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Mk VI multiple culprits causing misfiring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Rowney
Experienced User
Username: johnrowney

Post Number: 26
Posted on Saturday, 01 April, 2017 - 12:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have recently had a lot of work done on the body of my Mk VI Special B25KL. Following this work,the throttle rods and connections were rehabilitated and the car was retuned. The car ran like a dream, but after a short while at lower town speeds (traffic lights etc) I had some rather bad missing. Trying one thing after another failed to locate the problem. Steve Sparks from NBS Services in Brisbane then went through everything in a methodical manner and found the problem - it was a combination of a bad condenser and coil. Swapping each item individually did not highlight the problem until Steve replaced the condenser as well as the coil.
Bingo! All fixed just 5 days before I headed off to the RROCA National Rally in Canberra from the Gold Coast. The car did about 1650 miles and did not miss a beat. A lesson to be learned of the potential for the coil and condenser to both be poor at the same time, and individual swapping each part not highlighting the real culprit(s). Bentley Mk VI Special B25KL

Mark Taxis
Prolific User
Username: mark_taxis

Post Number: 135
Posted on Sunday, 02 April, 2017 - 13:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A lovely looking special John, Hope to see it in the flesh soon

Alan Ford
Prolific User
Username: herne13

Post Number: 177
Posted on Sunday, 02 April, 2017 - 15:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Awesome looking body on the Bentley there John, a real head turner.

Christopher
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 213.122.124.56
Posted on Sunday, 02 April, 2017 - 23:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A Roger Fry, Van den Plas style tourer, Yeah!

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: