Mk VI Quick action window winding mec... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Mk VI Quick action window winding mechanism. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Martin Webster
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.144.94.97
Posted on Monday, 03 September, 2012 - 04:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gentlemen, my 1950 HJM MK VI B88HR has a rapid action window winder mechanism on the drivers side.Although the up and down action works well,the glass is not held positively against the upper frame when closed and drops about a quarter of an inch when the car is moving. Is there any way to tighten the mechanism?

(Message approved by david_gore)

Chris Gillings
Frequent User
Username: chrisg

Post Number: 84
Posted on Monday, 03 September, 2012 - 19:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You need to tighten the spring.

It's been around fifteen years since I did mine but luckily I have a few photos of the mechanism.

Single Throw Internal

After you spend hours getting the damn' thing out of the door you need to adjust the spring so it seats in the centre castellation one notch clockwise or more to suit. It may take some experimentation to get right.

Then, of course, you have to get the damn' thing back into the door again!

Good luck.

martin webster
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 124.124.71.27
Posted on Tuesday, 04 September, 2012 - 22:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Many thanks Chris,
I think that may be a job for the Winter( poms hemisphere!!) Is it too much to ask how to take the door handle and leather door card off?
Kind regards,
Martin

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: