Wanted - clutch brake Springfield Pha... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Phantom I, II & III » Wanted - clutch brake Springfield Phantom 1 1929 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Neuser, Wolfgang
Yet to post message
Username: resuenw

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 04 February, 2018 - 19:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am restoring a Springfield Phantom 1 from 1929 and look for two parts. Two parts of the clutch brake are missing. These are the parts which stick in the end of the crankshaft at the beginning of the clutch and work to separate the clutch from the flywheel.

I include a photo from an article of Michael Forrest (Bulletin 221, p. 36, pic. 12) with the parts marked which I miss. In the catalogue of parts from 1926 these have (perhaps) the numbers G72595 (p.151) and G73061 (p. 154).

So I would like to ask you for these parts, or drawings with the dimensions of these parts so that we could copy them or, at least, a hint where to find or get these parts.
image/bmp
clutch brake a.bmp (180.1 k)

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 701
Posted on Sunday, 04 February, 2018 - 19:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wolfgang...
I am also the owner of a Springfield Phantom I chassis S426MR from 1930 and while I cannot assist with your quest for parts, I am interested in the publication that you reference as I am always on the hunt for relevant technical data. Is this the RREC Bulletin? Also, where did you get your catalogue of parts? I have the one for the Phantom II but not yet the Phantom I. Honestly, I find the format for the parts catalogue to be rather confusing as the diagrams simply show the parts disassembled and oddly arranged, rather than properly oriented "as assembled" like shown in modern parts manuals, but since it is the only reference, I shall not complain, just make the observation. Does the Bulletin article give any information amplifying that in the owner manual regarding adjustment of the clutch brake as I suspect that mine could benefit from being adjusted.

Neuser, Wolfgang
New User
Username: resuenw

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, 05 February, 2018 - 01:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks to all. I just got my parts.
Best regards
Wolfgang

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master

Post Number: 702
Posted on Monday, 05 February, 2018 - 06:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wolfgang...
Now I am curious where you got the parts. Can you tell? Thanks.

Robert J. Sprauer
Experienced User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, 05 February, 2018 - 09:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Christian. I was down at the RROC (Hempt, PA)awhile ago and there are alot of parts and cars donated to raise funds. Recently 52 pallets came in and I understand there is alot of early stuff. You may want to touch base with them. Speak to Mark, the new director

Jonas TRACHSEL
Prolific User
Username: jonas_trachsel

Post Number: 162
Posted on Tuesday, 06 February, 2018 - 05:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Christian
I cite your above message: I am interested in the publication that you reference as I am always on the hunt for relevant technical data. Is this the RREC Bulletin?
Yes, this is the RREC publication, the "Bulletin".
Michael Forrest wrote a long series of splendid, illustrated articles on restoring his Derby-Ph I. These articles were then published in the "Bulletin" over approx ten years, but never assembled in a book. I have scanned these articles out of the "Bulletin" about a year ago. I could copy these articles complete with an index on a CD for you. If interested please contact me at jotrachsel<at>bluewin.ch
JoT

christopher carnley
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 109.145.118.0
Posted on Monday, 05 February, 2018 - 20:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Michael Forrest wrote a series of articles in the RREC "comics" from about 1994 all about rebuilding the P1.
I am sure that your champion hero Norman would be deighted to scan all of them and send them to you.

Will Fiennes has the parts.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master

Post Number: 707
Posted on Tuesday, 06 February, 2018 - 08:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Christopher...
Yes. Will Fiennes is "the man" in my book!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: