Original Tool Stowage Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Small Horsepower » Original Tool Stowage « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Theo Whitmont
Experienced User
Username: old_mate

Post Number: 85
Posted on Monday, 09 May, 2022 - 16:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All,

I am often dismayed that my 20/25 is bereft of its original tools and one day hope to have the good fortune to remedy this.

Whilst I daydream about tools I commonly see posts of expansive tool trays, resplendent with green felt liners briming with all manner of prized tools. Mostly they are build into the carriage, fit under the seats or fold out from a neat boot compartment. They seem to be part and parcel of the original carriage work.

However on my Martin and King sports saloon coachwork (complete with a swept tail) there are no clever hidey holes or compartments for such a tray. No slide out tray cubby, no built in in compartment. There is a small stowage box under the drivers seat about the size of a battery - far too small for any tool tray.

For what its worth there is no mention of tools anywhere on the build cards or RR order form. I wonder if this indicates they weren't supplied at all. Could this be the case?

I would be keen to hear if anyone knows how the tools would have been stored when original, if in fact they were supplied.

Many thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: