Ghost coachbuiders. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Ghost » Ghost coachbuiders. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roy M Tilley
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 222.152.154.139
Posted on Wednesday, 15 September, 2004 - 21:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Greetings all.
I am researching a 1922 Silver Ghost 2PG which came to NZ virtually new, and to the best of everyone's knowledge, has been here ever since. There is some doubt as to its actual body builder. I am told Park Ward, but there is also some suggestion that it was bodied by Watts of Blenheim, perhaps in the style of Park Ward. And it is by no means certain that the Blenheim referred to is the one in our South Island.
Can anyone confirm if there is a town called Blenheim anywhere in Oz, if so where and would it have been home to a coach-builder capable of bodying a Ghost in 1922?
Does the name of Watts ring any bells in anybody's mind over there?
Yes, before you ask, I am getting copies of the build sheets from RREC but I'm not sure that they will necessarily give the full story so any lateral thinking will be most welcome.
Regards
Roy Tilley
Technical Liaison Officer, NZRR&BC

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: