Rocket Science via Steam Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Rocket Science via Steam « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3605
Posted on Monday, 24 February, 2020 - 12:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

One for members of the "Flat Earth Society" to mull over courtesy of Vladimir:

"Perhaps this should be titled "What not to try during retirement..."

Mad Mike in California has finally bit the dust.

Perhaps his calculations for achieving escape velocity were a decimal point or two off.

I really do think there are better ways to prove the earth is shaped flat like a frisbee rather than round than building a steamed powered rocket ship and flying in it. You could just have faith in the drunken ramblings of a cosmonaut or astronaut or research on the internet.

There must be a little bit of an adrenaline rush to successfully reach or even attempt to reach orbit using stream power and perhaps that's what got Mad Mike in rather than trying to prove or even attempting to observe the earth was flat.

Myself I would rather attempt to reinvent the wheel or prove 2 plus 2 equals 5.

Well at least Mad Mike croaked himself quickly rather than chipping away with Jack Daniels and reruns of Bonanza in front of the lobotomising television.

https://www.space.com/daredevil-mad-mike-hughes-dies-in-homemade-rocket-launch.html

Glen Poolen
Frequent User
Username: wgipps

Post Number: 231
Posted on Monday, 24 February, 2020 - 16:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

the earth is certainly flat in that piece of desert he ploughed into.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 589
Posted on Tuesday, 25 February, 2020 - 09:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have an aspiration to try something similar but I doubt that the idea will ever get off the ground.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: