Queensland - ICV Ferrari P4 330 - A P... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Queensland - ICV Ferrari P4 330 - A Plan of Pure Evil « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3594
Posted on Friday, 21 February, 2020 - 18:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir's retirement proceeds apace!!

"Jetsetters,

Retirement can be harder than you think.

Sitting in front of the television with an endless supply of booze whilst being lobotomized by what is on the screen until you croak is a path taken by many and many failed to inhale after six months.

This was never going to be an option for me as I stopped watching OZ TV around 1983 some 37 years ago when home computers started their game.

I perhaps may have taken a different route had I had somewhere between 20 to 30 million USD to buy an original Ferrari P4 330 but that has not been the case.

For some years now I have been contemplating constructing my own P4, not simply because it is a necessary car to have like a Rolls Royce or a Bentley but because I thoroughly enjoy smashing up the authoritarian stupid especially in court and at their expense.

Back when Enzo authorised the P4 for LeMans he did not have contend with the craziness of Australian state and federal legislation covering Individual Constructed Vehicles. (ICV) I venture to suggest if he had, he would have given up cars and taken up butterfly collecting or perhaps merely crawled into a wine bottle at the park where he was once homeless and never came out.

I have recently been perusing state and federal legislation covering ICV and it does remind me of diarrhoea type law similar to Immigration Law.

I have noticed its true intention which is of course vastly different from its stated intention. An intention is different from a consequence. It's true intention was to put a deathly stranglehold on car manufacturers outside of Australia and maintain the status quo, and it's consequence was to stagnate all unauthorised creativity. Hence the present running sores we see here now roaming the streets like a protected species.

My solution to this dilemma is to totally ignore all the legislation past present and future. To do otherwise would stifle my artistic side.

Enzo was not a particularly nice fellow and his rude arrogance got up the nose of a Ferrari owner, fridge and tractor manufacturer one Ferruccio Lamborghini and the rest is history.

What I do like about Enzo is that when Ford turned up with an endless conveyor belt of cash to buy him out he told them to bugger off because they wanted to buy his dream and then set about telling him what the dream should be.

In short I will build my P4 The Evil Plan (TEP). But this is only crude plagarism.

As an kiddy I had a 1/24 scale electric slot car which I liked more than the P4. I have no idea what it was but going over the early to late 1960s black and white films of LeMans that car appears.

Time will tell what I get up to but really I think it's the journey that matters more than the result."

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: