Delusional Reality Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Delusional Reality « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1453
Posted on Wednesday, 05 June, 2019 - 08:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just recently police in Australia raided a journalist at home and went through her mobile phone and computer.

The Spy Directorate of Signals was given power to spy upon Australian Citizens within Australia.

I can accept that type of thing happening in the Russian Federation.

For it to happen here and for certain unnamed people being paid enormous amounts of money from our revenue and then saying they see nothing wrong with that tells me that those people are either delusional or dishonest or both.

I am very much hoping that this present crazy behaviour in very high places is going to stop happening but in that regard perhaps I am being either over optimistic or delusional or both myself.

I in no way see such a police raid as protecting my liberty nor my freedom.

Mike Thompson
Frequent User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 582
Posted on Wednesday, 05 June, 2019 - 16:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

ECHELON was an old spying surveillance program that had a list of words that if you spoke those words they listened. Now the NSA listens to all communication on Earth and if you say certain things the computer records it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

Grand Master

Post Number: 1461
Posted on Wednesday, 05 June, 2019 - 17:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Indeed. Part of Echelon is Pine Gap in Australias Northern Territory. Both the Soviet Union and Russian Federation know its coordinates and it is a primary nuclear target.

A hyperjet missile would take about 5 minutes to evaporate it entirely from a Russian submarine.

There are no winners in any nuclear exchange.

I would like to see the military expendure of USA cut by 90 percent. Then that money could be used to eradicate all poverty in the USA.

Apart from the desperate folk attempting to cross the Mexico USA border surely nobody apart from minor small crazy groups are trying to hurt the USA.

Australia has a great advantage to the USA in that it is surrounded by oceans that are dangerous and full of creatures that can eat and or consume humans.

Australia needs no security force to spy on its people.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1813
Posted on Wednesday, 05 June, 2019 - 17:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have recently convinced myself that nothing matters anymore. Everyone has data about everyone and there is no privacy left anymore. So who really cares? Let everyone know everything.... FFS Google knows when my next fart will occur before even I do....and so what? let them know that....The only people who need to be scared are those who are doing illegal activities. In the end when everyone knows everything about everyone - the badd ladds will have nowhere to hide and the good people will all live safe from the baddies....

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 2081
Posted on Wednesday, 05 June, 2019 - 19:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I’m with you Omar.
Love your way of thinking.

Grand Master

Post Number: 1462
Posted on Wednesday, 05 June, 2019 - 20:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Welcome back Omar and I am certain everybody missed you. I PMed you but perhaps your link to your email is not working.

No I don't want the Australian Government nosing into my data, emails, phone calls, internet searches because firstly they are stupid and bumbling and second they have no business spying on anybody. And I have nothing to hide.

No definitely no. Private citizens privacy must be respected.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1818
Posted on Thursday, 06 June, 2019 - 02:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for the PM Vlad.
I wrote back to you the same day.... maybe it went onto your spam folder.
I have been up to my nuts in it mate..... work and cars and children being at university - lots of visits to see them in the UK etc.

Privacy was a big deal for me too but then its a bit like virginity. I have lost mine to google and every other part of the f&*king internet. The net knows where i fly to which shops i visit where i buy stuff from, what bikes I have and sooooo much more. To start wearing a chastity belt now is not going to help me get my virginity back. So my attitude now is to just close my eyes about privacy and do the equivalent of spreading my legs and let it rip....

Mike Thompson
Frequent User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 585
Posted on Thursday, 06 June, 2019 - 03:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The only bad thing about thinking that if you are not doing anything illegal (at the time) is they may be faced with their open lifestyles to the fact that now they are doing something illegal, as having guns, freedom of speech, the color of their skin, where they come from, their religion, or who the go to bed with. Look at Germany (Russia, China, North Korea etc.).

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: