Firefox the plane the movie. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Firefox the plane the movie. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike Thompson
Frequent User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 661
Posted on Tuesday, 18 June, 2019 - 02:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad and I had a brief discussion of the Mig 25 Firefox. I found a military booklet page online.

http://www.wvi.com/~sr71webmaster/mig25.html

As well I remembered that Clint Eastwood made a movie with the same name "Firefox". I remember that movie for being high tech at that time, 1982. To put it in perspective the IBM PC came out in 1981, with a DOS operating system. Windows was still a gleam in its daddy's eye Bill Gates. The internet as we know it did not exist (outside of CERN). Here is some history of the movie.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083943/trivia

foxbat

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 2100
Posted on Wednesday, 19 June, 2019 - 08:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great movie it was too Mike.
Loved the high tech effects, and way before any movie like it.

Any Clint Eastwood film for me are fantastic
Gran Torino is one of his best.

Mike Thompson
Frequent User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 665
Posted on Wednesday, 19 June, 2019 - 10:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

They even came out with an arcade game of the same name. At one arcade the manager came to collect the money out of it and I had to know everything about it. It used a massive LaserDisc 12 inch in diameter (the first commercial optical disc storage medium) which explained why sometimes motion would pause while it found the correct video segment. I made some games at that time so I was fascinated by the technology by Atari. There was a seat version as well.

firefox game

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: