Russian Interest in Classic (Historic... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Russian Interest in Classic (Historical Cars) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1393
Posted on Thursday, 09 May, 2019 - 05:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here is one for Egor of Siberia.

Egor, you have confirmed what my brother Sasha in Samara told me over almost 20 years ago:

"Russian people have no interest in historic cars"

Unfortunately I wish the statement was 100% true.

More than a few times I have noticed on the international market a historic Russian car for sale at a totally insane high price especially the Zil, Zim or Zis. I am talking about USD million dollar asking prices.

And now Igor direct from a conversation with an intelligent Russian Lady English teacher in Zhigulovsk in 1998.

Her: "But your cars are old aren't they?"

Me: " Yes but there is a lot of value in old cars in the west and infact their value may rise and fall but overall due to their build quality and the materials they were made out of they continue to rise in value. In fact some old cars are worth millions of dollars. New cars, however, especially those built in Asia start losing value the second they are purchased and most will be worth zero eventually."

Her: "I don't believe it"

Egor Gukasov
Experienced User
Username: egorguk

Post Number: 12
Posted on Sunday, 12 May, 2019 - 11:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Vladimir Ivanovich!
Yes, such USSR cars as ZIL, ZIM or ZIS are very expensive.
This is due to the fact that there are few of them and they were very inaccessible!
In fact, yes, in Russia there is little interest in the classics and this trend is poorly developed. But the development goes and yet, there are people who love it.
The Russian teacher of English, most likely, does not understand the difference between a classic vintage car and an old rusty car.

Egor Gukasov
Experienced User
Username: egorguk

Post Number: 13
Posted on Sunday, 12 May, 2019 - 12:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Perhaps, I will publish in this topic photos of TURBO R with cyrillic on the number plates))))

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: