Rolls Royce Dressing Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Rolls Royce Dressing « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1264
Posted on Wednesday, 28 November, 2018 - 13:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jetsetters I wish to draw your attention to Great Aunt Jenny's sophisticated, classic Blue Cheese Gourmet Dressing.

It is in my opinion the Rolls Royce of dressings and I have found that I can consume even wild goat meat and bland vegetables ( I am pretty much a 100 percent carnivore) and consume.

It is so addictive that I found myself drinking from the bottle.

Its available on the internet. Just Google Beerenburg Family Farm.

Alas I cannot do without it now even on a really high quality rare or medium rare beef steak.

Not sure if its safe for cats.

Mark Luft
Prolific User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 238
Posted on Wednesday, 19 December, 2018 - 02:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My dear Vlad.
Your previous post had me thinking that I must try this Rolls Royce of salad dressings. SO, I ordered one bottle of Blue Cheese and one bottle of Ranch ( and a tea towel so I could make the minimum order of $20.00). OH YEAH, and $49.00 standard shipping! I tried the dressings last night and will report that the Ranch is very good, but (I'm so sorry) was not impressed with the Blue Cheese. Shocked that it did not contain any real Blue Cheese, only Blue Cheese Powder. I will say that I was impressed with Beerenburg farms and staff. I will still try this on the next cat I cook and report back.

Thanks again for the tip!

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2704
Posted on Wednesday, 19 December, 2018 - 10:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark,

I'm with you that any ultra high quality blue/bleu cheese dressing must contain blue/bleu cheese crumbles/chunks.

I really miss Roquefort dressing, which when at its heyday in the USA was essentially a Catalina French with lots of blue/bleu cheese chunks included (which I imagine were Roquefort style, not true Roquefort).

The above being said, the only blue/bleu cheese dressing I don't like is one that has been made so weak that one could not detect the presence of its namesake, regardless of whether in chunks or not.

Brian

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3085
Posted on Wednesday, 19 December, 2018 - 19:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

IMHO, it is a waste of time eating any "bleu" cheese that does not smell like well-aged and over-used work boots!!

Unfortunately, Australian Quarantine regulations deny us the pleasure of imported cheese and other dairy products made from unpasteurised milk. The sale of unpasteurised milk from local dairies is also banned on health grounds.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2706
Posted on Thursday, 20 December, 2018 - 03:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

Interesting. That had been the case in the USA as well, at least as far as the unpasteurized milk goes. We've always been able to import raw milk cheeses.

I don't know if it's nationwide here yet, but the proscription on raw milk is falling, that's for sure.

Brian

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: