Omar Camargue Watch Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Omar Camargue Watch « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1143
Posted on Tuesday, 23 October, 2018 - 14:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar old scalliwag, for $49,500 USD a white 1978 Camargue in Florida and LHD and looks worth looking at.

I know you said you wanted a mineral oil model and I don't know what year they changed to mineral oil.
I hate brake fluid but am yet to work out if there is any benefit mineral has over brake fluid other than corrosion from water if not maintained correctly.

Anyway bloody rare car Omar, of course not as rare as RHD but not everybody can not be King Billy like me.

Besides obviously UAE simply chose wrong side to drive on so why should you be blamed.

Your wife will love you for this one Omar and I have an underground hiding spot just down the creek from me for you should you need it.

But if you have looked at and driven an Aston Martin DB9 V12 6 speed manual would you recommend one?

Presently I am weighing through a sea of annoying as hell employment agents to get a job so maybe I will be cashed soon to finance one which would be as you know essential.

But perhaps I won't get a job Omar because employment agents here are not mechanics and thus don't have a clue what they are yapping about.

Now Omar when your wife asks "who put you onto this?" just say a lovely chap by the name of Brian in Virginia, see so no need to mention me.}

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2662
Posted on Wednesday, 24 October, 2018 - 02:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian in Virginia would never put someone on to a Camargue, unless asked.

I wasn't asked.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1702
Posted on Wednesday, 24 October, 2018 - 04:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am grateful for the tip Vlad.
I looked at the car and it is white with beige interior. Not my favourite combination of colour. And right now I am trying to sell sell sell. My next Rolls is going to be a Phantom for sure. They keep dropping in price and i am still watching.

Loved Brian's reaction.....
I can just see the wife falling for that trick.......

Vlad will your next job be in the legal industry or the car industry? I imagine the legal industry pays better....

Grand Master

Post Number: 1144
Posted on Wednesday, 24 October, 2018 - 05:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar, just ask Brian to put you onto a LHD Camargue with mineral oil brakes or this one. Once the Minister for War sees his garden we will all be safe!

Most LHD Camargues ended up in USA and the middle east but there seems far more survived in the USA which is strange because the Jaguar Mark 10/420Gs vanished without a trace.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1703
Posted on Wednesday, 24 October, 2018 - 05:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

still lots of MKX 420Gs in the USA

Grand Master

Post Number: 1145
Posted on Wednesday, 24 October, 2018 - 05:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Where Omar I have only spotted two in eight years.

Omar, the car prices in Dubai - are they negotiable? Do the car dealers and private sellers haggle?

I could live with a LHD DB9.

Grand Master

Post Number: 1147
Posted on Wednesday, 24 October, 2018 - 13:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar indeed the legal profession pays much more than the mechanical trade. However, the legal profession also pays early death by stress as a side benefit.

On top of that the legal profession tends to attract a pure form of assshole and working with them is .... well maybe that's why the legal profession pays so well because you really don't have to go far to find one. Every firm has one ... bit like bulletholes in Colombia - everybody has one.

The mechanical trade also has quite of few asssholes but dealing with them is easy - a good belt in the mouth outside workplace and time is the easiest fix.

So DB9 V12 6 speed manuals: What is your intel?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: