Technical confirmation required Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Technical confirmation required « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1995
Posted on Saturday, 18 August, 2018 - 10:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,

I am after some technical assistance.

Am I correct in saying that the hub caps and dress rims in the below image are not correct for a 4 door saloon?

Your help is much appreciated.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 859
Posted on Saturday, 18 August, 2018 - 11:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Tilting my head to the right has given me a crink in my neck. Answer will have to await my recovery...

At this point however I can advise that larger headlights would be appropriate.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1071
Posted on Saturday, 18 August, 2018 - 11:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick something tells me those rim rings and caps were only originally on Corniche's and Camargue.

But obviously given the angle of the legs and overall appearance of the girl, I think if the car was subject to a Concourse inspection, the judges, may well overlook such a triviality and go hard crazy in the back seat. After, all judges are human too!

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 56
Posted on Saturday, 18 August, 2018 - 13:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The 2 piece wheel trim was on coachbuilt cars, ie Corniche, Camarque and Silver Wraith's (long wheelbase)

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1996
Posted on Saturday, 18 August, 2018 - 14:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

See
I knew you guys would help a brother out

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1637
Posted on Saturday, 18 August, 2018 - 15:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

also some spurs came with these as standard

Benoit Leus
Grand Master
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 364
Posted on Sunday, 19 August, 2018 - 00:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I’ve been studying this picture for the last half hour but still haven’t seen a car, let alone a hub cap.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2628
Posted on Sunday, 19 August, 2018 - 01:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Being the gay man in a straight man's world, and owning a Silver Wraith II, I can say that the "dog dish" hubcaps and separate beauty rings were definitely featured on certain 4-door models as well as the Corniche (I hadn't known about the Camargue).

The model in the photograph is really "striking a pose." One that perhaps 0.0001% of the entire female population of the world could manage, if that.

Brian

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1639
Posted on Sunday, 19 August, 2018 - 05:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Striking she is indeed.
however i like my chix a fair bit wider than that one.......

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1997
Posted on Sunday, 19 August, 2018 - 06:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I’m with you Benoit.
I couldn’t resist putting this pic up when I saw it.
I knew we could all appreciate all aspects LOL

Vlad,
Those windows would sure get a little fogged up with those activities in Mt Coolon for sure.
I sure hope the car’s a/c system would be up to it.

Omar,
We have exactly the same taste.
We need to compare notes.

Brian,
It’s nice to see you can appreciate this fairer sex models abilities here.

Why is it only sexy women are associated with cars?
Pretty one sided come to think of it.
Millions of pics of hot girls draped over cars of all makes & models, but almost zero guys.
Brian, it was almost impossible to find this, but hope you can appreciate it, either for the car or the model with the car.

Of course we can’t ignor Omar’s “wider” comment
Again,
Almost impossible to find anything but stick thin women with fancy cars.

Hope these meet with your approval.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2629
Posted on Sunday, 19 August, 2018 - 06:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

And I like better taste in playwear than is on display in that picture.

Vinyl-dipped, uh, no. A bit of real black leather . . . that could inspire interest, much like the car she's posing on. More intriguing and less trashy at a minimum.

[Omar, no doubt, reed-thin is an apt description, too. When that breeze kicked up seconds later, she was no longer standing.]

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1998
Posted on Sunday, 19 August, 2018 - 06:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian,
Besides the fun value of that pic for me to post, the only 2 things I like are the car, and the shoes

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2630
Posted on Sunday, 19 August, 2018 - 07:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

Well, those shoes take CFM pumps to a whole new level, that's for sure!

Also, believe me, there are plenty of photos out there with gorgeous men, scantily clothed or not clothed at all, posed in various ways with cars. It really does come back to two things that you can't find them:

1) The ultra prudishness that seems to come with "the objectification of men" and the very idea of homosexuality.

2) The general appeal is more limited just based on the numbers involved in the target demographics.

I must say, however, that I very much appreciate the guy with the Phantom, and the guy actually more than the Phantom. I have always found the design on that car to be brutalistic and vulgar.

Brian

P.S.: I love the sense of humor on display in the photo below it. Would that there were more attempts to blow away the cobwebs and stuffiness that cling to these cars.

Mark Aldridge
Grand Master
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 565
Posted on Sunday, 19 August, 2018 - 07:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My wife ,who is an ex Ballet dancer and teacher is still trying to figure out the articulation to achieve the position in photo 1. The girl must have very loose joints. Lovely to look at though !
Mark

Grand Master

Post Number: 1072
Posted on Sunday, 19 August, 2018 - 08:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark, she's Russian and that's just a normal stance over there especially if you own a RR!

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2997
Posted on Sunday, 19 August, 2018 - 09:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"Mark, she's Russian and that's just a normal stance over there especially if you own a RR!"

Another classic quote from Vladimir..........

Grand Master

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Sunday, 19 August, 2018 - 13:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well to give you just a slight example. I am in Camapa Russia in 2000 and my then girlfriend Svetlana (who I can assure you was 100% co*ckmagnet - read a number 10) took me out to Camapa's best nightclub.

Good music and then these girls came on the stage...doing cartwheels in very skimpy gear and then one at the end of the cartwheeling, she cartwheeled by herself the full length of the stage, leap up in the air, pulled a full somersault mid air, (possibly two somersaults) and came down on her hands, then walked the full length of the stage (about 40 feet) on her hands and then just kept performing.

Just what Russian women do to join the Bolshoi in Moscow, I have no idea but in Camapa it was hard to spot a girl under 30 years old that was not at least a 9. And having lived in New York in 1980 and I was used to seeing pretty women there but the women in Camapa, well they were just another story altogether.

There are some pretty pics of Camapa on the net, some of the monuments and churches are quite out there.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1640
Posted on Sunday, 19 August, 2018 - 17:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sounds like we are complete twats for arranging a reunion in Birmingham this year . what's wrong with Camapa guys?

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1999
Posted on Sunday, 19 August, 2018 - 17:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well, that is one place I’ve never been to.
I’d like to visit, just on Vlads say so.

Do they look like this Vlad?

Or this?

Grand Master

Post Number: 1074
Posted on Sunday, 19 August, 2018 - 17:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes, they look like that. The older ones are much more vicious and the younger ones they are just vicious

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2000
Posted on Sunday, 19 August, 2018 - 17:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian,
I am glad you liked the single pic I found.
I feel bad, that you can’t enjoy the internet when it comes to these classic British cars, the way some of the rest of us do.

In this day and age I would have thought it would be easier.

Maybe Vlad or Omar can provide us with some “glamour” shots of themselves draped seductively over the bonnet of their own Rolls-Royce or Bentley.
We could be onto something here.

The gay world may appreciate their efforts???

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2001
Posted on Sunday, 19 August, 2018 - 17:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oh dear.
Has anyone seen Atomic Blonde?

That was the mental image I just got after what Vlad just said.

Grand Master

Post Number: 1075
Posted on Sunday, 19 August, 2018 - 21:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes, Soviet Women much more vicious than Russian Women.

But in Russia today there are very many Atomic Blondes...and they have guns too...

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2002
Posted on Monday, 20 August, 2018 - 06:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Im liking the sound of that Vlad !!!!

I’m heading to France for the 100 year anniversary of the end of WWI in November, that will get me pretty close to maybe witness an atomic blonde.

Chris Buckenham
Frequent User
Username: chris_buckenham

Post Number: 59
Posted on Monday, 20 August, 2018 - 07:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This is worse than the Archers, I'm off with the Strawberry pickers!!!!!

Has anybody found or heard of Bob?

Chris

Grand Master

Post Number: 1077
Posted on Monday, 20 August, 2018 - 09:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes it is worse than the Archers and being off with Strawberry pickers is probably wise.

Russia is a Kleptocracy not a Democracy or anything like a Democracy, Russia is 100 percent a criminal enterprise.

No Omar, I really do not recommend having an RR meeting in Camapa or even going there for a short visit.

Maybe in 50 - 100 years things will be different but right now its wild, very wild and hideously dangerous.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1642
Posted on Monday, 20 August, 2018 - 17:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Patrick,
I love how you goad the group to get exactly what we all like ................ RRAU banter at its best. Here is the recipe..... a picture loosly connected with Rolls-Royces/Bentleys and watch the dice play their part.... I love it.

I went to to Russia for 2 days and loved all aspects of the place. St Petersberg is simply amazing. The chix were also as Vlad says.... very hot indeed.... I know because i could see lots from the corner of my eyes on both sides whenever i walked down the street with the minister of interior hanging on my arm....

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2003
Posted on Monday, 20 August, 2018 - 19:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well,
It has been a while Omar since we have all had a laugh & a joke.
And what better way than as you correctly said, loosely connected RR or B images, if something hot is in the pic (notice I refrained from saying chick or girl Brian) even better.

I thought I had struck gold when I found that first pic in this post on the net.

Harry Heuchan
Frequent User
Username: harry_heuchan

Post Number: 84
Posted on Tuesday, 28 August, 2018 - 19:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Chick Magnet Required

1 Leningrad

Well I don’t know fellas, I have just two days ago arrived back from Leningrad, (err-I mean St Petersburg) and looked everywhere for the previously mentioned Russian Ladies and I report they were conspicuous in their absence.

Donald did forward me Vladimir P’s phone number to call for assistance, but I couldn’t afford the exorbitant Telstra Roaming fees so used Wi-Fi everywhere. I believe the only two mobile numbers one needs in that neck of the woods is Vladimir P’s and Bill Gates…as everybody has a computer problem at some time or another)

2 Stree

I was surprised by how many late model European cars were in St Petersburg but noted that although the buildings looked Classic (and are) some degree of serious maintenance is required on most of them.

Unfortunately boys the only chicks I saw were the following!

3 Chicks

I know, I should have taken Vladimir I. K.and Omar M.S. with me.

Grand Master

Post Number: 1089
Posted on Tuesday, 28 August, 2018 - 20:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Harry, perhaps you wore far too dark sunglasses.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1653
Posted on Wednesday, 29 August, 2018 - 03:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Harry,
they have the best looking women there.... how did you miss them?
Maybe next time we ought to go together and take Vladimir with us to help with the translation.
that should be an eventful visit.....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: