POA-What it means to me Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » POA-What it means to me « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 886
Posted on Friday, 04 May, 2018 - 06:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I hate it, I hate it and I hate it.

And the British are the bloody worst for it.

You see a car you are interested in and its got POA instead of the asking price.

Upon seeing this acronym (and I especially hate acronyms anyway especially in technical articles anyway) I ignore the advertisement entirely (apart from hating it)

Now is it some type of snobby upper British class caper that means the seller is slightly embarrassed about selling the car or is it a clear warning sign that the seller is a woodduck hunter and is asking a totally ridiculous price or is it both?

My view is, if you are really interested in selling it you put your asking price on the advertisement because to do otherwise you are trying to waste people's time just like those hideous robots that now answer phone calls and give you 20 useless options.

That's one reason I like my bank. NO BLOODY ROBOTS on the phone. I get straight through to a human being. Not only that I can walk into my bank without any identification and deposit or withdraw money. All the staff know me on first name basis.

Join a big bank in Oz ie Commonweath, ANZ, Westpac or NAB and you are treated like sh*t and I really hope the present Royal Commission into banking ends up crashing their price on the stock exchange and the entire four of them go insolvent and the CEOs are send to jail in general population and are beaten senseless on a daily basis and flogged like the family mule.

Just don't get me started on the sizes of parking lots in Oz.............

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 170
Posted on Friday, 04 May, 2018 - 11:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Couldn't agree more regarding your observations on "POA" advertisements Vlad, I generally bypass those also.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2553
Posted on Friday, 04 May, 2018 - 11:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I realize that POA must be the same as "Price On Request," but my brain is stuck on what the A stands for and I just can't make the word that belongs there pop out of my mind.

Put me out of my misery!

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 890
Posted on Friday, 04 May, 2018 - 11:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Application Brian. Application. That's the word so you need to Apply for the price.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: