The noticeable dumbing down of wester... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » The noticeable dumbing down of western media « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1027
Posted on Sunday, 15 July, 2018 - 09:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The crack pot bible thrashing right wingers have been quite successful at dumbing down the western media to hide their evil acts. Here is an example:

The loons in our parliament have struck again but are successfully hiding ... for now.

Four days ago I read about a female 39 year old ex police officer who cracked her skull against concrete and ended up with brain damage and MS, a disease which is so horrific that you have really know somebody who has it to know how nasty it is.

She now cannot walk properly and has virtually no short time memory. I watched a video of her on the net and its quite obvious that this woman is unemployable and its an extremely sad case because work was what her life was all about.

She had been in the workforce since she was 16. For the first time in her life she approached our Oz welfare body called Centrelink (renamed by me Centrelost) for a disablity pension.

Now even the dumbest most right wing loon in the country would not be as cruel or inhumane to refuse this women that pension that she is clearly entitled to and yet 18 months ago that is what happened and she has been battling the system ever since.

Centrelink says it has no discretion due to legislation and the refusal is right because she has not done some idiotic government run course to help her get back into the workforce.

And that is where the media left it. There was not even a statement saying the Minister responsible for Centrelink had been contacted and asked to explain, nor were the names published of all the politicians who were responsible for the passing of the legislation that removed Centrelink officer's discretion.

There should be only one result is case like this: the Minister should immediately retire from parliament along with all the politicians responsible and all of them should have their superannuation and their pensions axed.

Next there should be an enquiry into the media outlet that run the story to make certain that the CEO of that media did not edit or order the journalist responsible for the story not to further investigate the matter and find out who was politically responsible.

And I have detected over the last year a continually degradation of media stories.

The quality of the ABC and BBC stories has plummeted to all new lows and is more than likely due to funding cuts. Its all a bit scary and I wonder if democracy will survive it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: