Mad Dogs and Englishmen Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Mad Dogs and Englishmen « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 815
Posted on Sunday, 21 January, 2018 - 04:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have found irrefutable proof that the English are still stark raving lunatics.

Gentlemen, I refer you to page 22 of December 2017 Octane (my favourite magazine other than a AK 47 clip) and to quote" The scale of the achievement has to be measured against the nature of Bloodhound which uses the jet as the primary motivator plus a Nammo triple rocket motor to boost the car to an eventual 1000 mph"

What these wags have done is bolted a Rolls Royce EJ200 from a Typhoon fighter military jet on to a chassis with wheels and called it a "car". Moreover, these naughty lads have found a way around the software and convinced the computer that its not a car it is a jet and they have managed to fire the thing up!

They intend to run this thing in South Africa. It would be jolly nice to sit in a beach chair with a cup of tea an just listen to thing take off I say what what.

Perhaps given the money floating wildly around Moscow at the moment some oligarch bored with bribing Uncle Putin has thrown some loose change around bought himself a Soyuz rocket and is planning strapping wheels to it. Vodka and money does that sort of thing. I could imagine that if you did fire up a Soyuz on wheels in South Africa you would get a one way ticket to the Simpson desert in Australia. Customs could be concerned that you bypassed Immigration Check point but what jolly fun it would be!

ross kowalski
Grand Master
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 705
Posted on Sunday, 21 January, 2018 - 22:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad,

I was unaware that the English position as stark raving lunatics was in question.

Mark Luft
Prolific User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 163
Posted on Tuesday, 23 January, 2018 - 06:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

At least the Bloodhound is English.
Were it Japanese it would be called the Fast-ass-sum-bitchi

Sorry guys

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1671
Posted on Tuesday, 23 January, 2018 - 07:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

no problem, hold my beer

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: