The things that law enforcement choos... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » The things that law enforcement chooses to get into a lather over!! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1739
Posted on Wednesday, 18 November, 2015 - 02:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

. . . and the silly things that grown men sometimes do that probably shouldn't cause that lather:

The latest in ride-sharing, motorized picnic tables, unamusing to Australian cops

Brian

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1796
Posted on Wednesday, 18 November, 2015 - 05:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The Oz tradition of innovation is still alive and well at least in West Australia........

I was beginning to think we had lost our tradition of irreverence and innovation.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 707
Posted on Wednesday, 18 November, 2015 - 06:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

We have motorised garden sheds and sofas. They even have number plates and Mots.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1797
Posted on Wednesday, 18 November, 2015 - 12:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob,

If my memory is correct, the UK is also the home of lawn mower racing especially of the Atco reel mower type.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 316
Posted on Wednesday, 18 November, 2015 - 13:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nobody has mentioned the esky. Motorised esky riding has gained in popularity too.

A bit dopey that the cops carry on like these chaps were slaughtering virgins in public but that is very typical of the Aussie cop mentality and something I think does the police zero favours in the popularity stakes.

I don't have this problem in my town. If I want to ride a motorised esky around and around the streets here nobody would give a toss and the police would be very hard pushed to drive the 248 kilometre round trip, some of it over vicious dirt roads to get me and by the time they got here there would be no evidence anyway.

These chaps should have had a table cloth though and one of those jewish candle thingys lit would have been another fine touch.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1740
Posted on Wednesday, 18 November, 2015 - 13:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The table cloth would have been a nice touch, but a menorah? Why on earth a menorah?

A regular candelabrum or several candlesticks would be tasteful, though.

Brian

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 874
Posted on Wednesday, 18 November, 2015 - 20:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No helmets? Wouldn't these be classed as open top cars since they have 4 wheels?

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 724
Posted on Friday, 20 November, 2015 - 11:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Lawn mowing racing and piglet racing are considered as a good day out in Dorset. Then off to the beer tent followed by ploughing competition. One meeting a women complained that racing pigs was disrespectful to the pigs. The pigs seem to like it.
We call reel mowers cylinder mowers. Our local bowling green has a very Acto ride on cylinder mower 3 ft blade with heavy roller towed behind, Briggs engine. Green and red of course.

Mower racing is a good way into motor sport. It don't get any cheaper. Think of it as tall go carts. There ate different classes. The grass cutting bits are removed for safety and its pure speed and handling that wins the race. IT's like other motor sports. During the week make improvements to the machine and try them racing at the weekend.

Is it hard to eat spaghetti and meat balls whilst going down the road on a motorised table.

Ed China is one of the chaps responsible for motorised stuff that isn't meant to be a vehicle.