Happy 2017!! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Happy 2017!! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2170
Posted on Sunday, 01 January, 2017 - 07:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It's still about 7 hours from 2017 here in Virginia, but I know it's already 2017 in Australia.

Wishes for a very happy, entirely healthy, and otherwise wonderful 2017 to all!!

Brian

Alan Ford
Prolific User
Username: herne13

Post Number: 112
Posted on Sunday, 01 January, 2017 - 08:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Happy New Year folx. May it be safe for all.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 843
Posted on Sunday, 01 January, 2017 - 08:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

All the best to you and your family Brian.

Happy 2017 everyone.

David Towers
Frequent User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 80
Posted on Sunday, 01 January, 2017 - 08:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I hope 2017 is really excellent for one and all :-)

Benoit Leus
Prolific User
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 280
Posted on Sunday, 01 January, 2017 - 09:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I can only join you in wishing the best for everybody in 2017.
May your wishes come true and your Rolls or Bentley behave itself.

Benoit

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1530
Posted on Sunday, 01 January, 2017 - 09:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Happy New Year.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 845
Posted on Sunday, 01 January, 2017 - 10:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here hear Benoit.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2364
Posted on Sunday, 01 January, 2017 - 16:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If you are not aware of the Sydney NYE fire works spectacular or have never seen it, have a look at the following ABC TV video which hopefully is not geo-barred elsewhere in the world. The weather conditions were such the smoke from the fireworks stayed put rather than being blown away as normally is the case and the video is affected at times with the smoke obscuring the display.

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/new-years-eve-2016/FA1649H005S00

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master

Post Number: 1535
Posted on Sunday, 01 January, 2017 - 17:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David

I have no idea why transmissions such as these are barred to other Countries, particularly when they would have been such a great advert for, in this case, Australia. The same happens a lot with UK television companies with material that is not later going to be used for commercial reasons (e.g. discussion programs etc)

oz

Geoff

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 980
Posted on Sunday, 01 January, 2017 - 17:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Happy New Year to all you wonderful people on this forum.

And yes Geoff- I was unable to play it Dubai either.

Omar

David Gore

Post Number: 2365
Posted on Sunday, 01 January, 2017 - 18:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

OK - I will see if I can archive the video and put it in a Google Drive folder for everyone to access.

Bloody bureaucracy at its best IMHO.

Brian Crump
Prolific User
Username: brian_crump

Post Number: 151
Posted on Sunday, 01 January, 2017 - 18:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You may hopefully be able to view it here: http://tv.australiaplus.com/
Regards,
Brian

michael vass
Prolific User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 254
Posted on Monday, 02 January, 2017 - 01:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All
Happy and healthy 2017!
Mike
haha just noticed already tomorrow in Aus lol

David Gore

Post Number: 2366
Posted on Monday, 02 January, 2017 - 07:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

OK - the only way I can suggest accessing this video for international members is to use a VPN to get around the geo-block.

I have no experience with VPN's so you will need to get someone who accesses Netflix and similar video streaming sites using a VPN to see if they can use their VPN to access the ABC Iview website for you. It is a free-to-view site in Australia so I am lost for an explanation as to why it is not accessible world-wide. The video is available for viewing until the 31st January. The family fireworks video of the 9pm display is also worth watching.

After all, anyone in Australia with a video recorder could have recorded the actual telecasts and then forwarded a copy to overseas friends.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master

Post Number: 1537
Posted on Monday, 02 January, 2017 - 07:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David

The Sydney 2016 display is on youtube. I quite like the way google, (who own youtube) ignore copyright - they just put it up. When my wife worked in HR there the attitude for minor legal infringements was - we'll just pay the fine. Seems they operate the same on youtube.

It occurs to me late December would be a great time to visit Australia, not only to see the spectacular firework events but also to do so during the nice warm summer evening. Compare this to the bitter cold of the New York celebration.

The best way to access foreign video streaming sites is through a proxy server. About $10 per month. I know of people who use this service to access BBC iplayer from abroad.

Geoff

David Gore

Post Number: 2369
Posted on Monday, 02 January, 2017 - 08:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Geoff,

Our summer climate is similar to Las Vegas except our humidity levels between mid-December and mid-March are much higher due to the sea-side location.

When you are thinking of coming, please let me know beforehand and I can send you a list of NSW RROCA Branch activities as you will be most welcome to participate as a guest. Depending on your other interests, I am sure we can suggest lots of activities to interest you.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 683
Posted on Sunday, 15 January, 2017 - 05:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all a wee bit late but, A happy new year to one and all.

Richard.

ps I was in the Canary Islands.

Alan Ford
Prolific User
Username: herne13

Post Number: 117
Posted on Sunday, 15 January, 2017 - 05:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Folx, a Happy New Year to all you wonderful people, may you and your families have health and wealth.