Black and white minstrels and weed. a... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Black and white minstrels and weed. and the placebo effect « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.120.16
Posted on Saturday, 21 March, 2015 - 06:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The Nurse visited today for blood samples etc. With her was a black guy who got interested in my music collection. He got me to copy to a memory stick BBC recordings of the black and white minstrels.
I was a bit taken back but he said The black makeup is not racist and neither are golly wogs. He's about 65 and born and bred in Brixton South London. He used to collect Robinson Jam golly wogs. He said us white folks are so uptight of offending us blacks that anything that could be made racist they have made racist.

He's a nurse who is an expert on colitis, I now know a lot more about colitis and what drugs work.

He said in the 1970s he was into the proud to be black movement, realised he's not proud to be black and he's just black and he was becoming a racist.

At the moment it's no bananas, steroids and no eating from 10pm to 11 am fluids only.

To stop steroid side effects tramadol and Amaltriplene.
So driving is postponed until further notice.

Which is not a problem because others give me lifts.

Weed Bob Hope and Mary Jane.

He said that cannabis is not useful in colitis, and said the medicinal use of cannabis has a lot of placebo in it.

And that the placebo effect is present in my medication,

I was taken off steroids for 5 days and the inflammation got worse. I was told that if I go back on them I will feel better. I do feel better. Likewise I was told that tramadol would make me sleep better and it does.
How much is the placebo effect I wouldnt know.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 161
Posted on Saturday, 21 March, 2015 - 14:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Crikey Bob this colitis caper does not enthral me at all. I took your advice and chopped alcohol, cigarettes, and fat on meat out of my life together with walking up the top of the mountain each morning.

In a way it was also an effort to thwart the thieving government here with their time honoured tradition of putting up the taxes on all luxuries whilst simultaneously giving themselves a juicy pay rise as they kindly inform us we must tighten our belts.

I have a strategic plan in place which will mean the erection of a 30m by 18m by 5m American barn garage (read man cave) for the storage and repair of more essential classic cars.

Naturally, this entailed the absence of any female company.

I don't look forward to the 60s and no sign of the Tardus is on the horizon.

I do wish you a miraculous recovery. Oh and I have a black aboriginal mate who can't wait to tell me his latest racist joke every time we meet. Oh how the world has turned crazy while ISIS dances its looney tune of self doom.

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.120.6
Posted on Sunday, 22 March, 2015 - 03:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Forgot.
I am glad you have cut back on the bad for you stuff. Smoking is just straight forward, don't smoke.
Alcohol is ok but getting drunk every day isn't. Best to stop before getting drunk and have alcohol free days.

Food is not so easy because one must eat. I eat meat and everything else, in balanced proportions.

Water is important. The best way to detox is drink 1 litre of water over 1 hour.

Vitamins come from the food so by eating a varied diet taking vitamin pills is unnecessary and can cause problems.

Also a bag of crisps is only junk food if that's all one eats.

I am not a medic but the above is sensible sound advice.

All my kids can cook a balanced meal. I have met people who can't even do beans on toast.

My lastest breakfast idea is toasted corned beef and pickle sandwiches.

Exercise. The lower leg muscles have little pumps that when walking pump blood to the feet and back again. 1/2 hour of walking everyday sorts the feet out. Housework does the same. Fixing cars is also exercise. Wash and polish a car is good exercise.
To keep healthy is not hard.

There's no evidence that organic grown food is better than supermarket food.
So healthy eating is not expensive.

I am feeling much better and raring to go.

Note some dieticians ( not quacks) say that the water in tea coffee and soft drinks count as water intake, and that drinking plain water is unnecessary. But that amount of caffeine on a sweaty day could cause problems. So a glass of plain water is best say twice a day.
Dark coloured urine means drink glass of water asap. It gives the kidneys a flush out and a rest because water goes straight through.

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.120.6
Posted on Sunday, 22 March, 2015 - 02:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have black mates who also find racist jokes hilarious.

Isis is a rag tag army of badly trained and led boy soldiers who's time is running out. Isis have been lucky to get this far. Now the official armies have got mobilized, Isis is doomed.

Modern Politicians seem to be more like celebrities than politicians.

My man cave is 7m x 7m. Concrete block with flat roof. A farm barn building kit is a cost effective and quick. About 7 days to build.
The aeroplane guys up the road have one these barn kits and it looks good.

Used car lifts are about £600 in the UK.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1556
Posted on Sunday, 22 March, 2015 - 07:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"My latest breakfast idea is toasted corned beef and pickle sandwiches. Bob UK"

Also try corned beef with corn relish - also irresistible on fresh bread with a good cup of black tea.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 164
Posted on Sunday, 22 March, 2015 - 10:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I cant eat corned beef at all I gag on it ditto for sadines or any cold fish, same as cold egg, cant swallow it. Am 99 percent carnivore but love hot radishes, hate cooked peas like them raw.

Air plane people Bob. What fun ! Any spitfires?Check out the exhaust pipes on this thing. I have the address in Ukraine as to precisely where a pile of these things are rotting in a field.

Being Russian means not so welcome in Ukraine just at the moment but I would love to restore one of these as I have my own airfield here.

Well not really owned by me but I made enquires and yes I can take off from there but there is also the bitumen road in town which is longer and what could they charge me with except driving an unregistered vehicle beside there is nothing in the road traffic act that says you cant take off vertically in your car.

Just imagine the fun to sonic boom the pub over the road and blow out all the windows when the cowboys are drinking on Saturday night.

My publican expects this type of behaviour from me and I think there should be more of it. There is goes again the old 640 by 640 rule so I posted them on my camargue email site. Think I must get a web page going soon be good to get CIA doing something useful instead of running around in drag sooking about Snowden in blurt land.

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.121.92
Posted on Monday, 23 March, 2015 - 11:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Piper cub type planes. Even these planes costs lots of money.

All air space in the UK is controlled. Any infringement of the regulations and one is in trouble. Anything about 6 ft high off the ground is an aircraft.

I like looking at small planes. I got a good look at a piper firefly, RAF version of a cub, with no fabric covering. One could make one at home,so simple.

Shepards pie is lamb and cottage pie is beef. Either way.
Fry half the mince with onions and small amount of olive oil. Boil the rest of the mince. Do the mash potatoes. Combine the two minces with peas and carrots
Add an oxo cube in cup of water
Put mash on top then 10 mins in the oven to finish.