Owners... other than we insane fellows? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Owners... other than we insane fellows? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Towers
Prolific User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 101
Posted on Saturday, 18 February, 2017 - 03:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just met a fellow Bentley owner. Wedding car use, tatty paint (roof, bonnet, bootlid really bad, rust in the wings and arches) nasty cheap (van) tyres and he uses a local garage for repairs because they are cheap. But he has had the car re-mapped to 408 bhp and is really happy about his 6mpg. 'D' reg Cardinal red car.

Not sure how I feel to be honest. I suppose I expect every owner to be a fanatical bearded screw counter like me, but it quite upset me in a way I can't explain nor understand. The car was clean and shiny just a bit lacking and run on a sensible budget (rather than my stupid as can be no budget attitude) and used as a tool. He makes £100 per hour wedding hire and said my car would get £200 - £225 per hour 'cos mine is nice...  but, I would rather set fire to my pubic hair than use the car for weddings!

I guess I need to grow up and accept other people use these old heaps as a tool not as a mobile Faberge egg!

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1100
Posted on Saturday, 18 February, 2017 - 03:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear David,
That mindset is very hard to get your head around. But it is good that you recognise that something this chap is doing is better than what we do.

I love your novel way of dealing with unwanted hair. It may not be my first choice of method for hair removal although it will guarantee you a result. Just for fun - have a read of this..........http://rats-funnybone.com/veet-hair-removal-gel-for-men-funniest-review-ever/

David Towers
Prolific User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 102
Posted on Saturday, 18 February, 2017 - 04:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar, fantastic but sounds MUCH more painful than even my method! :-) Proper belly laugh though.