Wanted Jag MK IX Grill Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Wanted Jag MK IX Grill « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 518
Posted on Sunday, 31 January, 2016 - 06:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If any of you fine gentlemen know of a good used front grill for a MK IX Jaguar - please let me know.
Many thanks
Omar

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1896
Posted on Sunday, 31 January, 2016 - 09:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

Most likely a difficult item to source given this is probably the most common body part subject to accident damage.

My suggestion would be to advertise in Jaguar car club magazines world-wide for either the part itself or a donor car for parting out. I presume you have already contacted the commercial Jaguar dismantlers around the world.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 847
Posted on Sunday, 31 January, 2016 - 10:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David Manners UK.

They are very helpful and if they have not got one they will point you in the right direction.

It is possible to repair a damaged one to as new. Again David Manners will know.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 519
Posted on Monday, 01 February, 2016 - 02:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks guys (and also to my dear friend Brian Vogel who found me one on ebay).

my broken grill is dented and the surround is made of something like aluminium which cracks and breaks when bent. This item does not really lend itself to repair. I have joined the Jaguar Enthusiast club and have advertised in their wanted section. I have found a new grill in the USA for $450. Lots of money of you ask me.
Between us all - we will find one.

Thanks for the support guys.

Omar