Perfect Pitch. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Perfect Pitch. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 92.40.248.194
Posted on Thursday, 23 April, 2015 - 07:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Pitch is the frequency that is heard. Pitch that is measured by meters is frequency
Perfect Pitch is the ability possesed by some to accurately identify a pitch, without any reference pitch.

Perfect pitch can't be learnt. I have good relative pitch. If not used relative pitch ability fads but a quick listen to some music fixes it. Perfect pitch ability never changes.

I have never met anybody with perfect pitch. Perfect pitch doesn't mean that the person will be a good musician.

Perfect pitch can make listener of music irritated because music is never perfect pitch.

It's believed that mozart and bethoven had perfect pitch.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 942
Posted on Thursday, 23 April, 2015 - 17:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My shadow has now a perfect pitch after years of use with the stainless exhaust to settle down, not carbon build up as LPG use, or maybe I am a little deaf with the advancing years!

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.121.61
Posted on Friday, 01 May, 2015 - 04:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hearing does fad with age. In volume and range. Young people 20hz to 20khz. Older poeple 25k to 16khz

Also both young and old as the pitch rises we hear it slightly lower pitch than it is. And low bass nots higher than they are.

If a piano is tuned to a meter it will sound wrong at either end of the keyboard. So the tuner stretches the ends to make it sound nice. This is why frequency and pitch aren't quite the same thing.

Stainless exhausts do sound different but not louder or worse.

Our local stainless exhaust guy sells system valves. These are vacuum operated via a dash mounted switch.

Nothing wrong in a shadow that makes its presence audibly known as is ones want.

We are still young enough to misbehave.

A discreet side pipe with exit just in front of left hand rear wheel.

A exit mouth say 1 inch by 9 inch slit.

(Message approved by david_gore)