The money trail Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » The money trail « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 755
Posted on Thursday, 09 March, 2017 - 05:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oh dear, sad news that IS has caused 30 deaths in a Kabul hospital by dressing up as doctors.

Nasty, stuff indeed. But my bet is that this type of scamp behaviour is not done by the starving hordes but by extremely rich men who have dipped a tad too deeply into a nutbag religion.

Here is my next bet. Trumpy is going to step up assassinations big time. He is going to whack the financiers of IS and if Uncle Putin gets a good hold of his ear, the entire family of the financiers ie women, children, foxy pups and goldfish will be obliterated. This will cause a scandal of course as the media will squawk loudly.

But frankly, I think it will be a good thing. Well I like it anyway because IS is just too loon to tolerate for much longer.

Somebody in IS should have read a few more history books.

Even the polite English have a very bloody past, ditto for Uncle Sam and as we say in Russia, the Russian soil - it loves blood.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1647
Posted on Saturday, 11 March, 2017 - 13:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Vladimir

I'm wondering when Trumpy is going to drop a bomb on the head of your mate with the funny haircut.

John Beech
Prolific User
Username: jbeech

Post Number: 225
Posted on Saturday, 11 March, 2017 - 23:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I think the Chinese are bringing him to heel. Have you noticed the sudden curtailment of coal to the North Koreans? This after a widely reported phone chat between Presidents Trump and Xi Jinping. And just about simultaneously, how the One-China flap was settled with an announcement our new President supported it all along. However, if Haircut continues to displease them (they serve an occasional useful purpose, or course), I suspect he'll be squashed like a bug. Can't happen soon enough. Then again, President Trump has really pissed the Chinese off with the installation of the THAAD system in South Korea so who knows how this will ultimately play out. Meanwhile, the Japanese are not exactly patsies despite the putative self-defense force being toothless (yeah, right!). Anyway, I, for one, wouldn't be surprised in the least to see them (the Japanse) flex some muscle in the area sooner rather than later. Their Navy is not joke and their air force would give a good account of themselves as well. Meanwhile, for their part, the Chinese have not forgotten the Japanese Rape of Nanking and whole Norther Resource Zone of Manchuria leading up to WWII (ditto the Comfort Women issue with South Korea) so there is lots of ill feelings in that part of the world. When the world next comes to blows it's going to be ugly. I fear for our friends in AUS and NZ if this comes to pass. Speaking of which, I just finished a book about aircraft spotters on the islands during the WWII conflict. Brave men, those.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2471
Posted on Sunday, 12 March, 2017 - 08:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Re the "Coast Watchers" in the South Pacific during WW2, they played a very important role in the battle of the Coral Sea which was the first defeat of Japanese forces by the US and Australian forces in WW2 and there is no doubt this battle ultimately prevented Japanese invasion of northern Australia which was sparsely populated and wide open for invasion.

The coast watchers played a crucial role in observing ship movements at the time and the Japanese land forces hunted them mercilessly. Fortunately they received great support from the local inhabitants who were affected by the Japanese occupation of their territory.

"Brave men" is certainly an understatement of their effectiveness and importance in helping to stop and then turn back the advancing Japanese forces.

Lest we forget - we will remember them