Christmas Day Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Christmas Day « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 813
Posted on Sunday, 25 December, 2016 - 06:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It's Christmas Day here in Oz.
Merry Christmas to you all.

Have a happy, healthy and safe 2017 gents.
Whatever we all do with our cars, drive carefully.

It's been a pleasure on this forum with true gentleman as yourselves.

Enjoy.
Patrick & Family.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 678
Posted on Sunday, 25 December, 2016 - 07:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all its one and a half hours to Christmas here in Ireland, To you and yours I wish you all a Merry Christmas and an even Happier New Year.

From Richard and Margaret.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1527
Posted on Sunday, 25 December, 2016 - 07:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A Merry Christmas to you all from Geoff and Karen.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 679
Posted on Sunday, 25 December, 2016 - 08:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry, It is now one and a half hours to Christmas day, I didn't look at my watch properly,

Cheers.

Richard.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 971
Posted on Sunday, 25 December, 2016 - 17:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Merry Christmas to all my great buddies on this forum.

Omar

John Beech
Prolific User
Username: jbeech

Post Number: 133
Posted on Monday, 26 December, 2016 - 04:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Merry Christmas one and all. I am presently expecting a visit from Kevin, the magazine editor for the Florida Lady (regional offshoot of the national club) whom I've corresponded with via text but not met. He has a SRX3xxx, a 1967 model Silver Shadow he's owned about two years but hasn't run in quite a while, plus an early 50s Riley. Looking forward to a Christmas visit.

Alan Ford
Prolific User
Username: herne13

Post Number: 102
Posted on Monday, 26 December, 2016 - 09:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Guys/Ladies. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy safe New Year.

Santa didn't bring my car home but it should be ready soon.

What a good find this forum was for me.

John Beech
Prolific User
Username: jbeech

Post Number: 134
Posted on Monday, 26 December, 2016 - 09:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What's wrong with it Alan? Have I missed a thread about it?

Alan Ford
Prolific User
Username: herne13

Post Number: 103
Posted on Monday, 26 December, 2016 - 13:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello John. About 3 weeks after I purchased the car I took it to Phil Sproston for a thorough check over (phil now lives very close to me). The car had been sitting in someones Private Collection before that. Phil spotted fluid leaking from the front brakes so they were replaced along with 4 major brake lines which had not ever been touched, hence they too were replaced. Then came the thorough check for the rest of the car. All fluids were drained flushed and replaced. Some rubber bushes on the front end were also replaced, followed by a thermostat change and a new radiator cap for Australian conditions (the car came from Japan) The water bottle was modified by drilling the feeder hole a little larger to hopefully prevent it clogging again. Many other small items needed attention but I cannot remember the list now. Anyway to cut a long story short I went to collect the car and have my first test drive. The drive went very well and when we returned to Phils workshop a final visual look was given to the engine, unfortunately the top radiator hose needed replacing and the accelerator pump started to leak. Last I heard parts were ordered from the UK and that's where it ends for now. I am very glad I took the car in for a checkup and some of the items sorted were expected by me and few extra were found. Any day now I am expecting a phone call stating my car is ready. I will be getting Phil to give the car a good service and checkup each year. I think Phil has noted a few things to be replaced next service for example the rear brake lines should be replaced as they are the original ones fitted. The car is an 86 Turbo RL.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 842
Posted on Saturday, 31 December, 2016 - 22:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Happy New Year everyone.
It's almost New Year's Day here in Australia.

Enjoy your parties and be safe.

michael vass
Prolific User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 253
Posted on Saturday, 31 December, 2016 - 22:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Patrick
Happy new year to you too!
have a great time there
Mike

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2363
Posted on Sunday, 01 January, 2017 - 07:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sue and I trust 2017 will bring you all good times and happy memories.