Back in the saddle driving. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Back in the saddle driving. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Noel Reddington
Prolific User
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 295
Posted on Thursday, 16 July, 2015 - 06:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Today I took a driving assessment. Manual gearbox Micra.

All went well. 20mins. I just drove around a bit then 60mph down the bypass.

Then an 18 mile journey in my Jeep to Blandford Forum a Dorset market and coaching town. No problems.

Nissan Micra is a good little car. Plus they are cheap used. Ideal town runabout. UK prices from £250.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1686
Posted on Thursday, 16 July, 2015 - 08:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great news Bob - I suspect you now have a much enhanced appreciation of the benefits of being able to drive yourself instead of having to rely on others.

It is true what they say: you cannot keep a good man down for long!!

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 302
Posted on Friday, 17 July, 2015 - 05:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I quite like having a driver drive me. Except the aforementioned neighbour who has anger problems.

Today I drove into town and then down to the beach.

The engine in my Jeep (6 pot 4 litre) is a very smooth quiet happy engine. At 2000 rpm it hits a sweet spot. Equally as good is the 4 speed plus convertor lock autobox. Its not quite as smooth as the GM 400. But although I can feel the change its by no means unpleasant or rough.

Shame about the rest.