Shadow sortie to Eden 13-15 November 09 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » RROCA News, Events and Booking Forms » Shadow sortie to Eden 13-15 November 09 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Colin Silver
Prolific User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 109
Posted on Saturday, 12 December, 2009 - 17:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mr Vercase left our world in a violent way some years ago.

So, my assertion your pants are "tracky daks" is proven. Sorry Bill, my perception is spot in this matter - you are a dag dresser. I dress similarly, thus my intimate sense of your fashion sense.

Sad about the Mr Skillen's illness. I don't know him but wish him well in his fight.

It is a nice Cloud. One day I would like to bring my old girl back to her natural colours, or to colours issued for my model.

John, I'll be getting the Cloud back soon from servicing. I'll then know if the dizzy shaft on my model was meant to have an oil wad. Whatever, I've established the shaft was constantly lubricated manually.

Ooops, getting off topic.

Re "sorties", I might have to overcome some social and financial fears of mine and attend one. But I suggest I be pre-banned given I was kicked out of two Panel Van clubs in the 70's.

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1202
Posted on Tuesday, 08 December, 2009 - 23:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

John/ That is our esteemed ACT President's car. His name is Chris O'rourke and it was formerly Robert Skillen's car - another Canberran, sadly very ill!

John Budden
Experienced User
Username: johnb

Post Number: 26
Posted on Sunday, 06 December, 2009 - 15:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill, Whose is the green Silver Cloud?

Bill Coburn

Post Number: 1198
Posted on Sunday, 06 December, 2009 - 08:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gosh Colin and I thought you were perceptive!!! If you paid more attention to the gallery and stopped drooling over Fella's Autoclaved specimens you would notice that the 'tracky daks' are actually by Versace!

As to the preponderance of males, I won't comment except to say that those of the fair sex who brave these events are a delight and quite jolting to old greaseballs when they point out, and I instance,"the float level on the 'B' bank carburetter is too high!!!"

The males on the other hand are great for pushing cars, giving advice and pointing out that the support bar for the air pump should be cadmium and NOT painted!!!

Colin Silver
Prolific User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 107
Posted on Sunday, 06 December, 2009 - 00:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wish I had been there. Who is the white haired man in tracky daks? Seems like a wise man to me.

Pic DSC02132 shows a happy bunch, but just too many males.

Andre Perry
New User
Username: meandfi

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, 04 December, 2009 - 19:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for the Photos, all the people and cars look great.

Bill Coburn

Post Number: 1188
Posted on Tuesday, 17 November, 2009 - 15:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry sorry sorry. The correct address for the pictures is http://gallery.me.com/spur84#100015.

Bill Coburn

Post Number: 1187
Posted on Monday, 16 November, 2009 - 21:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This was entirely successful and enjoyable. Nobody broke down, got drunk, started a fight or ran off with somebody else's partner. We were made most welcome, ate like pigs, were entirely relaxed, sunburnt, nobody wore a tie, black or otherwise, complained or failed to pay! The only casualty was a wombat for which we held a brief memorial service before trying to straighten the mudguard on the Shadow! Nineteen people and 12 cars attended all were Shadows except a couple of lonely post55's which it seems are not catered for by their Register and the Adjutant's SZ!

At the moment of typing all the photos we took are being loaded into a public gallery http://www.me.com/gallery/#100015.