Silver Shadow etc Tow Bar. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Silver Shadow etc Tow Bar. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 643
Posted on Wednesday, 07 February, 2007 - 05:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This tow bar i spotted on eBay,thought it may be of use to someone, i have no connection with the seller.
Pictures may be of use as a guide to what they look like.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130076256045&rd=1&rd=1
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 699
Posted on Wednesday, 07 February, 2007 - 09:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

In my opinion, this item appears to be what is usually described as a "bumper hitch" i.e. it attaches to the actual bumper bar or bumper bar mounts rather than having a number of structural mounts which spread the towing load over the body structure.

For this reason, it would only be suitable for very light towing [my estimate 250Kg maximum]. Heavier loads would almost certainly result in body distortion around the bumper mounts due to the load concentration.

I speculate whether the vendor has experienced this problem and is trying to "off-load" this item to an unsuspecting buyer.

A classic case of "caveat emptor" [buyer beware].