Wanted..P11 Headlight lens Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Wanted..P11 Headlight lens « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Toet
New User
Username: peterpackard

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, 15 June, 2015 - 16:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello all....My 1934 P11 93TA has a cracked headlight lens (Left hand side if handed). Sometimes annoying to have often first comment on my car "do you know that you have a cracked headlight lens?" I would appreciate any leads/ advice as to where to obtain a replacement. I am pleased that observers are thorough in their examination of the Motor, however, I am hopeful that replacement of this item will result in a more satisfactory "often first" comment. Best Regards, Peter Toet. 1934 P11 93 TA Thrupp and Maberly  Limousine De Ville

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1393
Posted on Tuesday, 16 June, 2015 - 00:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Peter,

I believe that there were several different headlamps that could be fitted to these cars. I close-up photo of the lens in question, particularly any identifying markings as to maker, style number, etc., would be helpful.

Brian

Peter Toet
New User

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, 16 June, 2015 - 08:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for the info Brian, I have been in contact with a UK firm who advised today that he has some glasses available. He also needs more info on actual size, etc. Here's hoping. Best Regards, Peter

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1396
Posted on Tuesday, 16 June, 2015 - 08:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Peter,

You're welcome. If you come up empty post that size and identifying photographic information that's going to be critical to accurate matching.

If you would, even if it's on the "Idler Chatter" forum, please post a photo of the passenger upholstery in your car? I'm intrigued by it in the photo you've already posted and would love to get a better look.

Brian

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 768
Posted on Tuesday, 16 June, 2015 - 08:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Peter

I'll second that. Have you any pics to hand with the roof section in place. Beautiful car.

Geoff

Peter Toet
New User

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, 16 June, 2015 - 14:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello all, with regard to the lens. The lights are Lucas and have P100S embossed on the lower staunchion. The Lens is fluted and approx 10.875 in diameter. The unfluted focal point is approx 4.25 in dia. I shall post a few Low Kb pics of the rear interior and the roof section in place. In the Idle Chat area. Best Regards, Peter Toet93 TA Lucas P100S lens

Peter Toet
New User

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, 16 June, 2015 - 17:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Brian and Geoff. I believe that I may only post one pic at a time...so here is a picture with the De Ville roof in place. I shall try to get a better pic of the upholstery at the Canberra Battle of Waterloo this weekend ( weather permitting) P11 93TA with De Ville roof in place

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1647
Posted on Tuesday, 16 June, 2015 - 19:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Peter,

You can post multiple pictures - just remember to use the ENTER key twice between each IMAGE command to position the images down the page with a small space between each image.

I would prefer you post the images of your car in the "Phantom I, II and III" section in the Technical Topics and not in Idler Chatter.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1403
Posted on Wednesday, 17 June, 2015 - 04:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Peter,

I second David's suggestion that your photos go in the Phantoms forum since they do serve as documentary items, which are always useful to others.

I thought I'd also post an image of how images are inserted into your posting text. I had no idea how to do this and used the upload attachment button for a very long time. I find the image command for inline insertion to be much easier to use. You can't illustrate it other than with a screenshot because it is interpreted by the forums software and you are then asked to browse and select a picture to upload for each and every command you have in your post.

For example:

Example of the image command in use

The actual image description text can be anything you want, and it is not shown. I imagine it's used as alternate text for the image for accessibility purposes or if the image doesn't load. You can place images anywhere within a post that you prefer, but giving a blank line before and after an image command makes it far easier for the viewer when they are reading the post.

Brian

Peter Toet
Experienced User

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, 17 June, 2015 - 08:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello David and Brian, Thanks for your advice. I shall attempt to post these and relevant future images in the Tech Topics area.
Best Regards, Peter Toet

Peter Toet
Experienced User

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, 14 July, 2015 - 08:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello all.. I was able to obtain new re-manufactured Lucas P100S lenses identical to the originals from Genius of the Lamp. www.geniusofthelamp.co.uk/ The lens was reasonable at 120 GBP each but trashed by our exchange rate. Postage was hefty at 53 GBP plus 10 GBP Insurance. I had two lenses sent over as the postage was unchanged. The lens took 3 days to arrive. So I have a spare. I also have the cracked lens which I am loathe to cull..just in case.
Kind Regards, Peter Toet