Wanted, Cloud 1 Steering/Parts Car Ne... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Wanted, Cloud 1 Steering/Parts Car Needed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

whunter
Experienced User
Username: whunter

Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, 09 November, 2003 - 07:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Everyone
I am posting this for a friend/RROC member.
"drosenberg" RROC Cloud I Steering/Parts Car Needed
Hi all:
I will need to be replacing the complete steering system in a 1957 Cloud I (LSED 387), from the steering tube through to the steering box.
1. Besides looking for another 1957 LHD Cloud, is there a failsafe way to know from another car's chassis number if the steering will be a direct replacement for mine?
2. Does anyone know of such a parts car? The quotes I have been getting for just the steering stuff is amazing, so maybe I would do better to try and find a whole (parts) car.
Thanks.
Don
Any response will be passed on promptly.

whunter
RROC, Lake Michigan, Motor and Ohio region.
ASE Master Mechanic
Bloomfield Eurotech
45671 Woodward Avenue
Pontiac, MI 48341
Work Phone 248-334-6400 Fax 248-334-2363
asemastermechanic@juno.com

William H. Trovinger II
Prolific User
Username: bill_trovinger

Post Number: 40
Posted on Sunday, 09 November, 2003 - 13:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill or William? Haven't figured out what the "W" stands for. Just assume it is for the best male name out there.

Sorry I can not be of more help. However, there was a "gentleman" better said junk dealer just outside of Naples, Florida (between Naples and Fort Myers) that had a whole back yard of SC "parts cars". Three years ago he thought they had value. As I assume none of them did or could move, maybe he has reduced his expectations. If I can find what I did with his, email, phone number or address I will send it on to you. In the mean time might be worth an Internet search in that area of Florida on old RR/B.

Regards,
Bill

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 138
Posted on Monday, 10 November, 2003 - 20:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill,

see post under your $$$$ header

whunter
Frequent User

Post Number: 19
Posted on Monday, 10 November, 2003 - 22:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks David
Read it, forwarded it right away.
Have a great day.
whunter

whunter
Frequent User

Post Number: 24
Posted on Sunday, 16 November, 2003 - 02:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Everyone
Don has sold the car to a club member who owns a shop and he almost broke even with repairs + purchase = sale price.
He was not happy to part with the Cloud, but admits it was the best thing he could do with the situation.
Thank you all.
whunter
RROC, Lake Michigan, Motor and Ohio region.
ASE Master Mechanic
Bloomfield Eurotech
45671 Woodward Avenue
Pontiac, MI 48341
Work Phone 248-334-6400 Fax 248-334-2363
asemastermechanic@juno.com