Carburetor dial indicator adapters no... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Carburetor dial indicator adapters now in stock! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User
Username: kelly_opfar

Post Number: 135
Posted on Sunday, 04 December, 2016 - 15:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I now have carburetor indicator adapter kits in stock. These adapt to SU HD8 carburetors (Shadow I's and derivatives) and allow dial indicators to be used for balancing the carb piston lift.
carb balancers
individual carb balancer
carb balancers in situ

The whole kit is $75 including adapters, indicators, locking screws and extensions.
USA shipping is $8.00 and shipping to Australia and Europe is $23.00.
PayPal is easiest but I'll work with whatever you got!
HIF7 adapters for Shadow II's to be added soon!

You can contact me at dooskoop@hotmail.com

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 931
Posted on Sunday, 04 December, 2016 - 21:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

one set for me please Kelly (after you add the adapters for the Shadow II).

Is it best to combine shipping with the Motalita boss?
Thanks
Omar

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 665
Posted on Sunday, 04 December, 2016 - 22:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kelly I will have a set and also a pair of adapters for H1f7 carbs as well, I also would like to purchase the tool for undoing the top ball joint on a shadow 1, and also a tool for undoing the brake pumps as well as thelittle tool for depressurizing the accumulators I will send you my email address .

Richard.

Richard.

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User

Post Number: 137
Posted on Tuesday, 06 December, 2016 - 11:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Having received verification on the HIF7 cap thread size, the collars and kits for these carbs are now available.

David Balfour
Experienced User
Username: sidchrome

Post Number: 46
Posted on Wednesday, 07 December, 2016 - 15:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Does anyone know if Kelly's HD8 adaptors will fit an S.U. HD6 as found on a Cloud 1 and Cloud II?

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User

Post Number: 139
Posted on Wednesday, 07 December, 2016 - 17:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David, Jon Waples site states that the HD8 and HD6 caps are the same. If you can provide a depth measurement from the top of the bowl with the cap removed to the bottom of the piston, I can provide the proper indicator extensions.

Kelly

David Balfour
Experienced User
Username: sidchrome

Post Number: 47
Posted on Wednesday, 07 December, 2016 - 18:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Kelly, as soon as the car is back from the auto-trans guy I will be able to measure the critical dimension. I'll let you know then.
Regards,
David.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 676
Posted on Saturday, 24 December, 2016 - 06:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all I have received my Christmas present from Kelly, all the things I ask for is here now Wow !!! Pleased as punch,

Richard.

Benoit Leus
Prolific User
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 279
Posted on Saturday, 24 December, 2016 - 07:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I also received my adapter set from Kelly today.
Beautifully made and a perfect fit.

The only downside is that Belgian customs took 8 days to proceed the package (longer than it had to travel from the US to Belgium) and then relieved me from €40,- VAT and import tax.

Benoit

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User

Post Number: 143
Posted on Wednesday, 28 December, 2016 - 08:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Egads, Benoit! That's outrageous.
I'll never understand how customs works. About 1 out of 5 times I order something from Flying Spares, I get hit with a $50 customs fee. Sometimes with a week delay in New York, sometimes not.
I wish I could offer estimates on customs fees in my shipping quotes but my best guess is that everything is random.
Kelly

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 681
Posted on Wednesday, 28 December, 2016 - 10:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all my stuff arrived without anything to pay.

Richard.

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User

Post Number: 146
Posted on Tuesday, 03 January, 2017 - 05:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David B., and others, I've received the measurements needed to offer HD6 kits for Early Cloud 1's and Cloud II's - and anything else with HD6's. They are now in stock.
Kelly

Larry Kavanagh
Experienced User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, 03 January, 2017 - 08:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Received my SU HD8 adapter kits & gauges from Kelly before Christmas and they fit perfectly as expected. These are quality precision instruments, Larry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: