Bentley log book.uk Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Bentley log book.uk « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rob tamblyn
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.134.180.110
Posted on Saturday, 22 February, 2014 - 06:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

hi.i have a old log book or registration book for a bentley which i found on the landfill where i work.i have contacted the bentley memorial foundation uk who are very interested to have this.they tell me this car is in australia..the uk reg number is .gy3904.date of registration.1.7.32.the chassis num and body num seem to be the same.ms3934. 25hp. this is a 4.5 ltr super charged one of 50. it went to west africa in 1938 and returned to uk in 1941.i would like to return this to the present owner .mob 07922147746 uk

(Message approved by david_gore)

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 385
Posted on Sunday, 23 February, 2014 - 02:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Rob,
I sincerely hope the book finds the car as this will be a wonderful end to a lovely fairytale. I am totally unconnected to the book, Australia, the landfill or the car - but I do want to thank you for doing the right thing by contacting members of this forum. Upstanding men like you need to be commended for services to motoring history.
Regards
Omar

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1364
Posted on Sunday, 23 February, 2014 - 06:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This appears to be a Bentley which was manufactured before the R-R acquisition and these vehicles are not included in our Club Register.

Hopefully, one of our members who is also a member of the Bentley Drivers' Club will copy this post to a suitable Forum and/or put a note in their Club magazine to try and find this vehicle.