Everlasting brand universal indicator... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Everlasting brand universal indicator switch « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Martin Cutler
Prolific User
Username: martin_cutler

Post Number: 191
Posted on Monday, 28 January, 2013 - 10:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi guys,

Found a universal indicator switch with a built in hazard light switch on eBay us, company called class tech cars. Seems like a good idea, several times I could have used hazards to warn other drivers of problems.

Assume they are made in the states? Anybody installed one on an older vehicle? Any issues? Is there a better unit, more elegant befitting our cars? Not wanting to knock our American cousins, but it looks like it would be right at home on a gm truck.

I currently have a Bosch aftermarket switch, the light in the end of the stalk never worked properly, and the chrome has now gone rusty to boot.

Cheers

Marty

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 438
Posted on Monday, 28 January, 2013 - 19:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You don't mention which earlier model you have. I know for certain that there's a center console mounted hazard lights switch fitted to my Shadow 1. Although the switch is far less important than the relay behind it which does all the work of simultaneously activating all four indicators. Otherwise any kind of switch which contains its own indicator bulb will do the job.

By the way: I've done a search on eBay US for a seller with that name (with and without the spaces) and the result was that there isn't an eBay user ID even close to it.

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1474
Posted on Monday, 28 January, 2013 - 19:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I acquired a couple of early Shadow Handbooks many years ago and one refers to SRH 3316. I could not remember where (if you indeed did) you turn on the flashers on these early cars without the centre console! Much examination of pics of the dashboard (sorry facia) and no sign. But there in the text is a reference to a switch on the top of the windscreen line between the sun visors is reportedly the switch. Please look as applicable!!! NB Just should mention they are both for US delivered cars.

Jeffrey McCarthy
Grand Master
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 375
Posted on Monday, 28 January, 2013 - 20:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That would be this arrangement:

Martin Cutler
Prolific User
Username: martin_cutler

Post Number: 192
Posted on Wednesday, 06 February, 2013 - 18:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi guys, I'm talking abut a mk vi, so the orignal trafficators operate off a timer lever in the centre of the dash. Aftermarket blinkers are fitted.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300709192316?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_903wt_689

This link should work for the item on eBay.

Cheers

Marty