Petrol Gas Flap PROBLEM (1975 Shadow ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Petrol Gas Flap PROBLEM (1975 Shadow RHD) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Yet to post message
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, 05 December, 2013 - 05:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The gas/petrol door on my 75 Shadow RHD will not open when I press the button on the dash. I checked the fuse in the fuse box, & it is good. I am wondering if there is a separate fuse on the SI cars? Appreciate any suggestions. PS I checked the solenoid itself;it works fine. I am not getting power to it.

Richard

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 692
Posted on Thursday, 05 December, 2013 - 06:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

I presume you may be "benzjag" on rollsroyceforums.com, and I've already answered you there. However, it never hurts to have this in as many places as possible for future researchers.

God only knows why, but the fuel filler door is fused with the blower motors and the fuse for this is on/near the firewall. See the two attached documents.

application/pdfFuel Filler Door Fix Document
Fuel_Filler_Door.pdf (35.0 k)

application/pdfFigures to go with
Fuel_Filler_FuseboxFig.pdf (223.9 k)

These come from my Shadow II/T2 specific files, so I'm not absolutely positive they apply to the original SY series cars. Someone will certainly shed some additional light on whether things were different prior to the two-series cars.

Brian

Richard Greene
New User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, 05 December, 2013 - 08:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Brian. I talked to the lead tech at Bentley of High Point (Mel). The Shadow I has only one fuse for the flap which is the #1 fuse in the fusebox which also is for the clock, interior lights, etc. He told me to pull the clock to make sure a wire had not come undone. Sure enough, a purple wire which feeds the clock and feeds the dash switch for the fuel flap had come off. Everything is back to normal now. I will definitely save your PDF because I also have a 78 Shadow in which this would apply (but hope I will never need. Appreciate it.

Richard

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 524
Posted on Friday, 06 December, 2013 - 22:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

For emergency use there should be a manual release inside the boot (trunk) behind the original jack. Mine has never worked although the electric one always has (with a big CLANG)!

When I had my Shadow fitted with an alarm system the fitter programmed one of the buttons on the plip to open it remotely.